What is the difference between MSI GP and non GP GPUs?

Xadi

Hi. When I was looking for parts for my new computer I noticed that some MSI GPUs have a "GP" in their names they are slightly cheaper. The only thing that I could find about them is that they are newer. Does somebody knows other diffrences?

For example their 2080Ti has Ventus, Ventus GP and Ventus OC

This is the Stock and OC version:
1024.png

This is the GP version, which lacks the VirtualLink USB-C 3.1 Connector

1024.png

The GP version is also lighter than the non-GP versions, it makes me wonder if the GP version is also using the limited overclocking non-A dies.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Well, I found out that in case of RX 5700 Evoke which had some problems with cooling the GP means that it is "updated", I can't decide what RX 5700 to chose and in every video resoults are diffrent especially the Evoke