RX 5700xt questions about indies

Tjrawl

I was watching the video on the ltt channel about the 5700xt, and i got to the bit about AMD's method of parallel processing. The video said that a game needed to be coded properly, otherwise it wouldn't take advantage of half the GPU's power. Do indie developed games, and older games support and run well on the 5700xt, or will that cause issues? 

Depends on the game. But in general most of these games aren't very demanding, which means the card is more than fast enough.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Just now, Tjrawl said:

I was watching the video on the ltt channel about the 5700xt, and i got to the bit about AMD's method of parallel processing. The video said that a game needed to be coded properly, otherwise it wouldn't take advantage of half the GPU's power. Do indie developed games, and older games support and run well on the 5700xt, or will that cause issues? 

indie scene is directx 9 most of cases, new games are dx 12 or even vulkan, amd does a god job in the 2 apis low overhead in cpu, and refined arq like navi. dont worry.

bad optimization come from ass coded console ports, is not a amd problem is a industry problem sinnce 2014 when ps4,xbox one came to the world.

amd sucks, they leave radeons 6000 series with out dx12 while gtx 400 support it, i sold my amd 6870 i was very angry, and never get an gpu amd again.

terascale arquitecture sucks like gpu arquitectures of amd most of the time.

are amd drivers still as buggy as they used to be?