Buying a licence

LethalB4con

What are the options of buying a licence for win10 pro? Currently have an installation from a usb stick that will expire after a couple of months. I don´t know if I want it linked to MS account or hardware, so give me everything you got.

Thanks in advance

- Go to the Microsoft store and get a full official license

- Go to a grey market seller and buy a key there

- Run it unactivated, because as far as I know, it doesn't expire.

It's up to you what you want to do.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, minibois said:

- Go to the Microsoft store and get a full official license

- Go to a grey market seller and buy a key there

- Run it unactivated, because as far as I know, it doesn't expire.

It's up to you what you want to do.

Any trusted websites? Also, can I link it to my MS account if I get it from elsewhere?

Just now, LethalB4con said:

Any trusted websites? Also, can I link it to my MS account if I get it from elsewhere?

I don't have any website I can personally vouch for. The ones I have heard from (this is just a list of ones I know, not a recommendation for any) are:

- Reddit Softwareswap

- eBay

- SCDKeys

- Kinguin

- G2A

^I know of those, but I don't nesecarily recommend any. See this more as a pointer to what to research.

As far as I know, the above mentioned companies will give you an OEM or volume licensing key, which you can still attach a Microsoft account to later.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Volume license keys no longer exist.

There is two types of activation for volume license customers 

Multiple key activation 

KMS

None of these are sold to consumers. Most of the websites keys resold are msdn or oem both which violate Microsoft license agreement as they are not meant to be resold.

Those websites aren't grey market, they sell illegal counterfeit products.

Go to newegg or any authorized reseller and buy a valid license.

• 10 months later...
On 12/26/2019 at 6:43 AM, minibois said:

I don't have any website I can personally vouch for. The ones I have heard from (this is just a list of ones I know, not a recommendation for any) are:

- Reddit Softwareswap

- eBay

- SCDKeys

- Kinguin

- G2A

^I know of those, but I don't nesecarily recommend any. See this more as a pointer to what to research.

As far as I know, the above mentioned companies will give you an OEM or volume licensing key, which you can still attach a Microsoft account to later.

I use to be a mod on that subreddit. Unfortunately I got into too many disagreements about prices and sales with the owner. I'm happier at my own sub. Kinguin actually sells used keys since it requires you to perform phone activation.