Macbook Pro 16 - video editing (switch from desktop pc)

name66

Hello, as I quit PC gaming and game only on PS4 now I do think about selling my high end PC (i9,2080ti) and go for Macbook Pro 16 instead. I am photographer so i need computer to edit photos. For photo editing I am not affrad it will be powerfull enough. But I also recently started with video editing. Do you think base model Macbook 16 could handle it just well ?  Its i7 (6core) , 16gb ram. Is 16gb ram enough ? It worries me the most. I dont mind to use final cut instead of premiere pro. 32gb version is unfotunately pretty expensive in my country. I also love the idea of working on garden with laptop which is something i cant do with my rig. At home, macbook would be connected to my 4k screen. Thanks for your time.

Will it handle it, sure will, it's just slower than your current setup by a pretty significant margin. I would recommend making a final decision on your RAM configuration because once you make your choice that's it I'm afraid, everything is soldered on board. You'll also be working off external storage for larger projects unless you pony up for Apple's rather expensive options. Dongles, dongles, and did I mention dongles. You're going to need at least one multi-port adapter to bridge the lack of different I/O options Apple offers (USB Type A, SD card reader, HDMI). You mentioned you're a working professional, I don't know what your work load/flow looks like but if you're just on your own then the Mac Book can work for you, as long as you're willing to make certain compromises.