Whats best choice for monitor?

JoeyThePixelGuy

Hi i want to get a new monitor but i don't know what resolution i should get.

i want at least 144Hz monitor

i dont know wich i should chose 1440p or 1080p

i mostly play Rainbow 6 siege, and i am going to get The Outer Worlds

Setup:

Nvidia gtx 1080 MSI OC1

Ryzen 7 1800X OC to 4GHZ

16GB ddr4 3000Mhz

Are you going to be sticking with the 1080 for a long time? If so, buy a 1080p monitor.
I would recommend the following https://www.amazon.com/Acer-XFA240-bmjdpr-Response-Technology/dp/B06ZYHZ6R6/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=1080p+144hz+gsync&qid=1577060690&sr=8-4

The issue with 1080p 144hz is that none of them are IPS panels from what I can tell.

Just now, DobertRownySr said:

Are you going to be sticking with the 1080 for a long time? If so, buy a 1080p monitor.
I would recommend the following https://www.amazon.com/Acer-XFA240-bmjdpr-Response-Technology/dp/B06ZYHZ6R6/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=1080p+144hz+gsync&qid=1577060690&sr=8-4

i may upgrade in a couple of years when prices get down of the new rtx cards. 

6 minutes ago, JoeyThePixelGuy said:

i may upgrade in a couple of years when prices get down of the new rtx cards. 

If you upgrade in a few years, it might be worth buying a higher end monitor later.
You could spend $200 on a 1080p now, and by the time you upgrade 1440p 144hz or even 4k 144hz will be cheaper.

However, it really depends on the performance. I would suggest looking up how the games you want to play perform at both 1080p and 1440p on a 1080. Then determine which resolution is best.

6 minutes ago, DobertRownySr said:

If you upgrade in a few years, it might be worth buying a higher end monitor later.
You could spend $200 on a 1080p now, and by the time you upgrade 1440p 144hz or even 4k 144hz will be cheaper.

However, it really depends on the performance. I would suggest looking up how the games you want to play perform at both 1080p and 1440p on a 1080. Then determine which resolution is best.

ok thx 

On 12/22/2019 at 6:25 PM, DobertRownySr said:

The issue with 1080p 144hz is that none of them are IPS panels from what I can tell.

The AOC 24G2 is a 1920x1080, 144 Hz, IPS monitor that left good impressions for those who were able to get it. It just came back in stock on Amazon and on Overclockers UK. In the US, it's currently the same price as the Acer XFA240 bmjdpr you linked. Hopefully the 24G2 doesn't go out of stock by the time either of you read this. Never mind on Overclockers UK. As I was typing this, I checked and it's out of stock.

US Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/AOC-24G2-Frameless-Adjustable-Guarantee/dp/B07WVN6CWT/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8.

Problem is that I don't know if OP, @JoeyThePixelGuy, plays a lot of shooters or is really into competitive games. Rainbow Six Siege and The Outer Worlds were mentioned where both are FPS games and Siege is a competitive game and it makes me wonder if maybe you'd want a TN monitor for the lowest possible responsible time.

Edit: The AOC 24G2 is out of stock on Amazon. It was in stock for a day or two.

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |