PC Speakers under 200€

Sorfex0
Go to solution Solved by kokakolia,
On 12/22/2019 at 3:32 AM, TheJooomes said:

Passive bookshelf speakers and a separate amplifier are usually gonna be cheaper than active all in ones like the Edifier R1850DB. Just look up "bookshelf speakers" and "audio amplifier" and use basic online shopping skills. For the amp, you probably want a receiver, rather than a basic 12v amp like the one below, if you want quality.

Here's some results I came up with for $60:

speakers

amplifier

I haven't owned these products so I can't speak for their quality/reliability. Just giving an example of how to find stuff.

With a $200 budget you can get a pretty nice receiver and pair of speakers.

I find it very hard to find a good receiver under 100€ that’s not some cheap Chinese amp. And it’s questionable whether they have enough juice to fully power the speakers. Furthermore, you’ll need some kind of sound card or DAC to interface between the amplifier and a computer. And that costs money. And yes, you can easily find good bookshelf speakers under 100€. But Dayton Audio doesn’t sell in Europe really. You can get the Eltax Monitor I for 79€. 

It’s just to say that I like the idea of active speakers. And the Edifier OP mentioned fits the bill. 

If you’re shopping around for a solution with an amplifier, DAC and speakers you’ll quickly spend over 300€ if you don’t want to buy used or the absolute cheapest parts. 

Hello, wanna buy new speakers since my old ones dying. So far after checking around
For now my main contender is Edifier R1850DB
My only need is i need them to be either black or white. It doesn't have to be 2.0, i'm fine with whatever as long as it sounds good. Tho 2.0 or 2.1 preferably since they probably just gonna sit on my table or next to it. Size doesn't matter.

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4 GHz                                                 Case: Fractal Design Define R5                       SSD: Samsung Evo 850 250gb          Monitor:  Benq GL2760        
   GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (+140 Core|+400 Mem)               Motherboard: Msi Z97-G5                                 HDD: WD blue 1TB                             CPU Cooler:  Hyper 412s
      RAM: 16GB HyperX DDR3 1600MHz                                PSU: Cooler Master v850                                 Storage: Adata HV610 1TB                  OS: Windows 10           

Passive bookshelf speakers and a separate amplifier are usually gonna be cheaper than active all in ones like the Edifier R1850DB. Just look up "bookshelf speakers" and "audio amplifier" and use basic online shopping skills. For the amp, you probably want a receiver, rather than a basic 12v amp like the one below, if you want quality.

speakers

amplifier

I haven't owned these products so I can't speak for their quality/reliability. Just giving an example of how to find stuff.

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

On 12/22/2019 at 3:32 AM, TheJooomes said:

speakers

amplifier

I find it very hard to find a good receiver under 100€ that’s not some cheap Chinese amp. And it’s questionable whether they have enough juice to fully power the speakers. Furthermore, you’ll need some kind of sound card or DAC to interface between the amplifier and a computer. And that costs money. And yes, you can easily find good bookshelf speakers under 100€. But Dayton Audio doesn’t sell in Europe really. You can get the Eltax Monitor I for 79€. 

It’s just to say that I like the idea of active speakers. And the Edifier OP mentioned fits the bill. 

If you’re shopping around for a solution with an amplifier, DAC and speakers you’ll quickly spend over 300€ if you don’t want to buy used or the absolute cheapest parts.