Changing my CPU and Motherboard

Sup guys so I'm planning on changing my CPU and Motherboard to new ones cause it's quiet old. Now here's the main question. 
Do I still need to format my PC? I'm planning to sell CPU + Mobo once the new ones arrive. 

Depends on the OS, Windows 10 likely will work fine after hardware change, you might need to reactivate it tho. Older versions weren't that liberal.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

1 minute ago, Tenma White said:

Do I still need to format my PC

most likely to have bsod, may still work

better to backups

Windows 10 could work, but i would just reinstall everything since it may cause some problems with drivers etc. I upgraded from a old c2d to a r3 2200g and when i booted from the old windows hard driver i had a lot of problems.  but all of those problems disspeared after i reinstalled windows. So i wouldnt risk it, and just reinstall from the beginning.

13 minutes ago, Tenma White said:

Sup guys so I'm planning on changing my CPU and Motherboard to new ones cause it's quiet old. Now here's the main question. 
Do I still need to format my PC? I'm planning to sell CPU + Mobo once the new ones arrive. 

Nope.

You may get chewed out by Windows Activation, but you don't need to do anything. If you want to save yourself grief, install at least the network drivers for the new board before you install it so when you boot the machine up you can just click "windows update" and let it find all the necessary missing drivers.

It's not typically advised to do this however since the drivers from the old hardware are never permanently removed and thus they may cause BSOD's since Windows will never try to update a driver for something that isn't present at the time.

Now, if you want to split the difference, use the Windows 7 migration wizard to make a backup of your existing Win10 profile to an external drive, and then restore it to an a fresh windows 10 install. This won't save everything, but it will restore things like downloads, pictures, documents, favorites/bookmarks, and such.

Generally, I would just say buy a new faster, larger hard drive and install a new copy of the OS to that and don't bother trying to save the profile unless there's software that's unusually annoying to personalize (eg workspaces in photoshop, autocad, etc)

Okay my bad I think I worded it wrong/not completed the info. Sorry English is my 3rd language.

What I'm trying to do is change my i3 7100 + H270 motherboard to Ryzen 5 2600 + B450 i motherboard.
When my Ryzen 5 2600 + B450 i arrives I will sell my i3 7100 + H270 motherboard and as for my upgraded PC I will use an M.2 SSD instead of Sata.

Do I need to format my PC first before selling the i3 7100 + H270 motherboard? I'm worried if there's some kind of data attached to the cpu+motherboard or is everything inside my Sata SSD + HDD?

10 minutes ago, Tenma White said:

Okay my bad I think I worded it wrong/not completed the info. Sorry English is my 3rd language.

What I'm trying to do is change my i3 7100 + H270 motherboard to Ryzen 5 2600 + B450 i motherboard.
When my Ryzen 5 2600 + B450 i arrives I will sell my i3 7100 + H270 motherboard and as for my upgraded PC I will use an M.2 SSD instead of Sata.

Do I need to format my PC first before selling the i3 7100 + H270 motherboard? I'm worried if there's some kind of data attached to the cpu+motherboard or is everything inside my Sata SSD + HDD?

Only the Windows Serial number in the DMI, if even that.  The Mainboard has a serial number, and that's fine.

IF you've changed the administrative password in the BIOS, enabled a TPM device or set any custom timing profiles, simply reset/clear those before removing it. The BIOS NVRAM can also be cleared by shorting the bios clear pins on the motherboard. Not necessary, but it effectively puts it back to "factory defaults"

Swapping a system-disk from one computer to another can be tricky. It should be less difficult if your new mainboards chipset is similar to the one you already use. Sata setting in bios should be set identical. If o.k. you may have to reactivate the key only.

1 hour ago, Kisai said:

Only the Windows Serial number in the DMI, if even that.  The Mainboard has a serial number, and that's fine.

IF you've changed the administrative password in the BIOS, enabled a TPM device or set any custom timing profiles, simply reset/clear those before removing it. The BIOS NVRAM can also be cleared by shorting the bios clear pins on the motherboard. Not necessary, but it effectively puts it back to "factory defaults"

So only the mobo settings gets saved? No files/personal data from me?

14 hours ago, Tenma White said:

So only the mobo settings gets saved? No files/personal data from me?

There are no files stored on the motherboard.

7 hours ago, Kisai said:

There are no files stored on the motherboard.

Not even the administrative account and stuff? So I can just sell my old mobo+cpu directly after swapping in the new ones?

19 hours ago, Tenma White said:

Not even the administrative account and stuff? So I can just sell my old mobo+cpu directly after swapping in the new ones?

Yep.