Router booting wifi devices off network

Hi all! My router has been acting up and I cannot figure it out. 

Basically, it's randomly booting wifi devices off. It's not that the wifi signal is dropping; the device will have maximum connection strength but say "connected, no internet". Usually disconnecting and reconnecting and/or switching bands will fix it, but not always. Seems to happen at random intervals. This doesn't happen on Ethernet. 

The router is a Netgear R6300. Firmware is up to date. Any ideas?

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

Issues like this are why I don't like Wi-Fi.

If you have not changed anything and it's started doing this out of the blue it sound like a failing unit. You can try a factory reset just write down your configuration first. If that doesn't help replacement may be your only real option. These devices aren't really user serviceable besides the software config and if you haven't touched it there's not much else to go wrong.

Changing frequencies be that channel or moving between 2.4GHz and 5GHz if you still experience disconnects you can almost (but not entirely) rule out neighbor interference. This really only leaves the hardware/firmware as culprits and you won't be able to service either (most likely).

32 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Issues like this are why I don't like Wi-Fi.

If you have not changed anything and it's started doing this out of the blue it sound like a failing unit. You can try a factory reset just write down your configuration first. If that doesn't help replacement may be your only real option. These devices aren't really user serviceable besides the software config and if you haven't touched it there's not much else to go wrong.

Changing frequencies be that channel or moving between 2.4GHz and 5GHz if you still experience disconnects you can almost (but not entirely) rule out neighbor interference. This really only leaves the hardware/firmware as culprits and you won't be able to service either (most likely).

Yeah that's what I was afraid of, it is a fairly old unit. This has been happening for almost a year now, but it just sharply increased in frequency to the point where it's really a problem. I'll probably try a factory reset.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

9 hours ago, Spork829 said:

Yeah that's what I was afraid of, it is a fairly old unit. This has been happening for almost a year now, but it just sharply increased in frequency to the point where it's really a problem. I'll probably try a factory reset.

You can also try disconnecting your wired clients temporarily and/or replacing the Ethernet cable going to your modem. Sometimes issues with clients on a network can propagate as blaming the network equipment when it's really a "rouge" client. Things like broadcast storms which can be caused by a client can slow down the network significantly and when troubleshooting make you think you have to replace your switch or router.