Routers for incoming

juggawest

I have a few Nighthawk routers won from Bluestacks I was wondering 2 things I have a desktop that has only LAN ports can I use the router to connect to XFINITY for service via WiFi as if the router was a USB adapter or do I have to buy a WiFi card.   2 my Mom is in a nursing home I paid $60 for 1 month service with unlimited data and the signal was so bad I couldn't get a clear Skype video. While all my home devices are 200MB download I was wondering if I could use the Nighthawk as an access point like their account is guest pass is health101 can I set this up to get her a more stable connection?

3 hours ago, juggawest said:

I have a few Nighthawk routers won from Bluestacks I was wondering 2 things I have a desktop that has only LAN ports can I use the router to connect to XFINITY for service via WiFi as if the router was a USB adapter or do I have to buy a WiFi card.   2 my Mom is in a nursing home I paid $60 for 1 month service with unlimited data and the signal was so bad I couldn't get a clear Skype video. While all my home devices are 200MB download I was wondering if I could use the Nighthawk as an access point like their account is guest pass is health101 can I set this up to get her a more stable connection?

Depends on the router and the firmware. Some can do reapeater mode, some can do mesh and some can do wireless bridging (connecting two routers together wirelessly). Im not an expert on Netgear and their firmware. 

To be honest you would be better with a WiFi card, but Xfinity equiment is not know for being the best, so......... You might still have issues reguardless.This is the reason I dont rent their shitty boxes and I buy my own modem and router. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.