mounting second fan on radiator

bluehillday

so the second fan should face the same position as the first stock fan? with the air blowing away from the radiator?

This sounds like the continuation of another thread.  Accidental new post?

Assuming it’s not, my understanding is it depends a lot on the original setup Which I don’t have a description of. There is also case airflow to consider.  I don’t know where anything is so it’s hard to answer.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

This sounds like the continuation of another thread.  Accidental new post?

Assuming it’s not, my understanding is it depends a lot on the original setup Which I don’t have a description of. There is also case airflow to consider.  I don’t know where anything is so it’s hard to answer.

there are 2 different topics,so i don't know what you're saying. i thought there is a more general answer to this . i have a silentiumpc fera 3 with the stock cooler instalaed in such a way that the air is blowing away from the radiator. which is the same way it's instalated in the tutorial/manual. my question was reffering a second fan instalation, if it should face the same position like first, i dunno how i can be more clear than that.

If you mount second fan to your cpu radiator, benefits are:

1. More nice noise - your computer will no longer be dead silent like Atari in 1980, you'll hear that great wind sound. No soundcard required.

2. If it's rgb fan, extra lights probably makes you more happy.

3. Your temperatures will be lower up to THREE degrees in best case. Usually more like one degree.

Seriously - you don't need second fan. But if you must mount second fan for some reason, it should blow the same direction as first fan (so first fan blows air, second - suck air on the other side).

TLDNR: @homeap5 is mostly correct and probably entirely correct in this case.

a lot of words to make a narrow point and explaining why two fans are sometimes used at all:

So this is a question about cpu fans and which way the fans face when attached to the cpu cooler.  That wasn’t clear to me.  
If they want a first fan to be pointing away from the cooler fins ( pull configuration)  they probably have a reason.  A second fan on the other side of the cooler pointing in through the fins (push configuration) would be correct then, though there is a very good chance it is neither needed nor wanted.

It will not gain you any temperature decrease I suspect.  
There are occasional reasons to mount two fans but it only helps in very specific circumstances and only to reduce noise.  
the noise a fan makes is to a large extent based on the speed of the outer edge of the fan blade.  If this speed goes beyond a certain point they can start to get loud quickly.  A second fan is only useful when the cooler is heavily taxed and fans get fast enough to do this.  IF this is the case, a second fan in push-pull can provide a bit of extra power to slow the fans below this level so even though there are two fans they make less noise than 1 fan because they are both spinning below this critical number.  The number varies with fan design but back in the day, it was usually somewhere between 800-1000 rpm.  So if a single  fan is making a lot of noise adding a second sometimes makes it quieter.  The rest of the time it makes it louder.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

If you decide to mount second fan that’s how it should look like.

5E5BCCFE-AD27-438A-A2BE-1CDBD1095321.jpeg

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

22 hours ago, Whiro said:

If you decide to mount second fan that’s how it should look like.

5E5BCCFE-AD27-438A-A2BE-1CDBD1095321.jpeg

Yep.  Both fans should be moving air in the same direction and generally speaking you should see about a 1-3 degree improvement on your CPU temps. 

20 hours ago, Midnitewolf said:

sure ,but then the fan behind the second mounted fan on the radiator should be an exhaust or an intake? cause now i have an exhaust, and the exhaust fan is taking the air behind the fan that should push the air into the radiator

18 minutes ago, bluehillday said:

sure ,but then the fan behind the second mounted fan on the radiator should be an exhaust or an intake? cause now i have an exhaust, and the exhaust fan is taking the air behind the fan that should push the air into the radiator

You make me really confused what you mean. Let me show you how it supposed to look 

A67B315E-86C3-41E9-9291-90B0F2529C85.jpeg

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS