Windows 10 Pro Product Key

Tenma White

Hi guys so I've recently built a new PC and is running on trial version of windows. I just bought a Windows 10 Pro Product key from Lazada which is like the Ebay in my country for only $1.5.
I've bought a Windows 10 Pro Product key for my main PC (the one I built 2 years ago) from Ebay for around $6 and it's working normally but now I bought a product key from Lazada because my Paypal is dead and can't create a new one.

So here's the main thing. Correct me if I'm wrong, Ebay sells OEM keys right? which is somehow safe. The seller from Lazada which I bought a new Key from said that the one they are selling(which is what I bought) is not OEM and never explained any further. In the description it says some more weird stuff  "100% working 100% Tested"  I'm pretty sure they shouldn't test product keys right?? but the ratings is 4.8/5 with 177 5 stars. 7 4 stars and 11 1 star( 4 people complaining the seller taking too long to send the code).

Assuming that what I just bought is not an OEM product then what is it? If it's cracked then meh as long as it runs normally fine by me only costed $1.6 anyways. 
Also is there a way to check if other people are using my product key? I would like to see if the key the seller sent me is being used by other people too. 

If it's 1.5 usd try it? If it's not working try activating with phone

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

4 minutes ago, Tenma White said:

Ebay sells OEM keys right?

More likely they're stolen keys. Regardless, they're keys that aren't supposed to be resold like this and as a result they're liable to be blocked at any time by Microsoft. It's no different from piracy, except you pay the pirates.

6 minutes ago, Tenma White said:

Also is there a way to check if other people are using my product key?

No, but again, assume the worst - that they're stolen or illegally generated and that they're being sold to multiple people.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

A common thing is either keys purchased with stolen details, which usually end up revoked. 

Or volume keys being sold individually, which usually end up revoked.

DISCLAIMER 

Everything i say is my own opinion. So if you disagree with what I post, you are wrong. 

So the key that I bought from Ebay 2 years ago that is still working fine up to this day is just me being lucky and receiving a key that somehow has no problem? 

Which is more safer? The $1.6 key that I bought or should I just pirate windows? 
The only thing I'm worried about from the $1.6 key is that if someone else is using it too and they might see my data and stuff that's it. I'm not sure if pirating windows also means that someone else can check my PC or something like that. But if pirating just means that I wouldn't be able to call Microsoft for support/help then that's fine by me. 

A key is either retail, oem or volume license.

It's likely one of the latter two.

Retail is consumer (and more expensive, but can be transferred according to Microsoft to another PC*). Oem are meant for people building their own system or small companies (with no included support and you are not allowed to transfer your key*). Volume is for large companies who need to license many PC's at once. Think a school, office, Dell, etc.

You likely got one of the latter two.

Most likely volume. The seller is probably an IT guy at a place that buys volume licenses and he just sells the leftovers.

So technically not retail or oem.. and technically you could say by him using the other x amount of keys, he has tested it.

But he probably didn't think about it this way and just said something to get you to buy the key.

* What Microsoft says and what you can do with license transfers differ. In reality it is possible to transfer a license, whether it's an oem or retail doesn't matter.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

11 minutes ago, minibois said:

You likely got one of the latter two.

Most likely volume. The seller is probably an IT guy at a place that buys volume licenses and he just sells the leftovers.

So technically not retail or oem.. and technically you could say by him using the other x amount of keys, he has tested it.

But he probably didn't think about it this way and just said something to get you to buy the key.

* What Microsoft says and what you can do with license transfers differ. In reality it is possible to transfer a license, whether it's an oem or retail doesn't matter.

So Assuming that he is also giving other people the same key that he gave me will my PC be vulnerable to the people that bought the same key as me?

2 minutes ago, Tenma White said:

So Assuming that he is also giving other people the same key that he gave me will my PC be vulnerable to the people that bought the same key as me?

Volume licensing as far as I know still gives out separate keys, it's just a 'range' of keys.

But worst case scenario, if Microsoft decides to not be nice they could block that entire range.

Or another worst case scenario, if the seller did something not allowed (say credit card fraud to get the keys or he stole them from work..) Microsoft could again block the entire range.

That is how volume licences work as far as I know. I never actually used them, so not entirely sure.

But I can't confirm if this seller is selling the same key multiple times.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

2 minutes ago, minibois said:

Also if microsoft noticed and is planning to terminate/block the key what will happen to my PC? will I be still able to use it like it will go back to trial version or my PC will be completely dead/all files gone etc etc?

1 minute ago, Tenma White said:

Also if microsoft noticed and is planning to terminate/block the key what will happen to my PC? will I be still able to use it like it will go back to trial version or my PC will be completely dead/all files gone etc etc?

It will just block the key, effectively making the PC run an unactivated version of Windows 10 (watermark, no personalization, etc.).

Keep in mind my post is partially speculation, partially possibilities and partially experience.

Personally I don't have an opinion on full official Windows vs. running it unlicensed vs. unofficial key resellers vs. alternate ways to license W10.

1 minute ago, minibois said:

It will just block the key, effectively making the PC run an unactivated version of Windows 10 (watermark, no personalization, etc.).

Keep in mind my post is partially speculation, partially possibilities and partially experience.

Personally I don't have an opinion on full official Windows vs. running it unlicensed vs. unofficial key resellers vs. alternate ways to license W10.

well from the information that I gathered if microsoft decides to be a dick my PC will just run in unactivated version and my PC will still run normally right? aight sounds good to me. thanks bro.

18 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

If it's 1.5 usd try it? If it's not working try activating with phone

They won't do that with OEM keys as its sellers responsibility. Good way to get key blacklisted, though.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

They won't do that with OEM keys as its sellers responsibility. Good way to get key blacklisted, though.

Alright. I have used the same key for so long that I can't remember.. ? Got a mass license.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price.