Looking for a cool dwarf.

Yup, and all in all I figured that in my case, with no large intake aligned with the CPU cooler, height limitation and cooling needs, I'ld end up better off going for watercooling, as long as I found a way to overcome the lack of space for res and pump.

Alphacool's Eisbar showed itself as a compelling option, with an added exhaust rad that would take the "first hit" of heat in the loop, so the intake rad would radiate less hot air into the case, but I'm still hesitating on going 140mm 30mmthick or 120mm 4.5mmthick.

Also I'm having concerns about how the Alphacool cpublock-pump-res combo manages "orientation". Is horizontal fine? Is horizontal+upsidedown fine? I'm having a hard time finding data. Some say it's fine, some say it's not.

The only alternative I found to this problem so far would be to go for an EK-XLC Predator 140  with integrated pump and res, and a bog standard cpu-block, and severe myself from the push-pull option (because I would have to mount it on a spacer-hood I'ld have to make, for clearance issue with the front panel PCB)... but it's discontinnued... SHOOT!

• 1 month later...