Would a 2 device or a 3 device Wifi Mesh system be better?

QRCodeKiller

I moved to a new house and the modem router doesn't cover the entire house so a whole part of house doesn't receive a wifi signal. So I want to get a Netgear Orbi wifi mesh system. But I'm having problem choosing between two models, the RBK23 and RBK50.

The RBK23 is a small 3 device system and ac2200 and the RBK50 is a large 2 device ac3000.

The RBK23 is about $80 cheaper than RBK50.

My question is that would the large 2 device RBK50 have a big enough coverage as the triple device? I'm sure the signal will be stronger with the bigger device but would it be strong enough to outperform the triple device.

I need to set it up like a relay so I just have this assumption that a 3 device would be better for signal strength because it can refresh/strengthen the signal more often and closer apart. I would have to put the 2nd device of the RBK50 at the end room where there is no signal right now because I also need to use it as a ethernet connection like a powerline adaptor to my computer.

Just concerned that the 2 device RBK50 would still have slower weaker signal and hence internet speed because there would be no middle relay like the triple device.

16 minutes ago, Michael Ducharme said:

You can also consider the MikroTik Audience, which uses a similar mesh system to the Netgear Orbi, where a dedicated wifi interface is used for the meshing:

https://mikrotik.com/product/audience

Thanks. But since I'm outside of US, i can't really consider things thats not Netgear, TP-link. Google, d-link.

14 minutes ago, QRCodeKiller said:

Thanks. But since I'm outside of US, i can't really consider things thats not Netgear, TP-link. Google, d-link.

There are quite a few US resellers for MikroTik devices, such as Baltic:

https://www.balticnetworks.com/mikrotik-audience-tri-band-2-4ghz-high-low-5ghz-home-access-point.html

One big benefit of MikroTik devices (compared to the others) is that they release OS updates in the future for every device (as long as that architecture is supported). Most manufacturers drop support for older devices after a few years, then there are no further updates until you replace the device with a newer version. With MikroTik you should expect updates for 6-10 years in the future before you have to replace the device. The only architecture that MikroTik no longer updates is mipsle, only because they had to drop support to add new features.

1 hour ago, Michael Ducharme said:

There are quite a few US resellers for MikroTik devices, such as Baltic:

https://www.balticnetworks.com/mikrotik-audience-tri-band-2-4ghz-high-low-5ghz-home-access-point.html

One big benefit of MikroTik devices (compared to the others) is that they release OS updates in the future for every device (as long as that architecture is supported). Most manufacturers drop support for older devices after a few years, then there are no further updates until you replace the device with a newer version. With MikroTik you should expect updates for 6-10 years in the future before you have to replace the device. The only architecture that MikroTik no longer updates is mipsle, only because they had to drop support to add new features.

Yes but i still cant get it since its not sold in my country

Sorry, somehow misread your post - thought you said you couldn't buy since you were *in* the US.