worried about gpu clearance..

Jordan_C21

I have a Meshify C, thinking about buying an ROG STRIX 2070 Super, its said to be 305mm and pcpartpicker says the case has 315mm of clearance but idk how that factors with fans.. i know for a fact the gigabyte gaming oc model will fit but im not sure how high it will overclock.. what are yalls thoughts

13 minutes ago, Jordan_C21 said:

I have a Meshify C, thinking about buying an ROG STRIX 2070 Super, its said to be 305mm and pcpartpicker says the case has 315mm of clearance but idk how that factors with fans.. i know for a fact the gigabyte gaming oc model will fit but im not sure how high it will overclock.. what are yalls thoughts

The clearance is 315mm with the stock front fan installed according to fractals site.

You should be fine, and from personal and acquaintance experience im going to have to say avoid gigabrick gpus. you deserve better lol.

(quote is broken for me in editing, so heres the copypasta)

GPU max length
315 mm with front fan mounted

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

4 minutes ago, Atmos said:

The clearance is 315mm with the stock front fan installed according to fractals site.

You should be fine, and from personal and acquaintance experience im going to have to say avoid gigabrick gpus. you deserve better lol.

(quote is broken for me in editing, so heres the copypasta)

GPU max length
315 mm with front fan mounted

to be frank what im worried about is it not fitting and then newegg having an insane restocking fee... then again even if worst comes to worst removing the fan should fix it i think

2 minutes ago, Jordan_C21 said:

to be frank what im worried about is it not fitting and then newegg having an insane restocking fee... then again even if worst comes to worst removing the fan should fix it i think

Theres plenty of room to move the fan up a slot too, so even if thats the case you should be fine.

IIRC fractals fans are standard thickness for 120m, so like 22-25mm. But you should be fine even without moving your fan, thats just a backup plan.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

1 minute ago, Atmos said:

Theres plenty of room to move the fan up a slot too, so even if thats the case you should be fine.

IIRC fractals fans are standard thickness for 120m, so like 22-25mm. But you should be fine even without moving your fan, thats just a backup plan.

i have 3 intakes and 3 exhausts, so i cant really move it up or down higher i could take it out tho lol rn im trying to do measurements, maybe ill go with an evga card but theres so many different models and idk how overclocking is..

i have 3 intakes and 3 exhausts, so i cant really move it up or down higher i could take it out tho lol rn im trying to do measurements, maybe ill go with an evga card but theres so many different models and idk how overclocking is..

Im running a 2080 XC super myself, but overclocking on it isnt amazing, its definitely the budget card from them but its the only one from the rtx series i have experience with.

You should be fine though man. Clearances are usually spot on. pauls hardware did a build in the meshify c with a 1080 strix back in 2017, and still had probably about 1 or so inches or so of space between the front fans and the card. the 1080 strix is 298mm, so only 7mm shorter than the card you want to use. 

It'll be close, but it should fit.

1 hour ago, Atmos said:

Im running a 2080 XC super myself, but overclocking on it isnt amazing, its definitely the budget card from them but its the only one from the rtx series i have experience with.

You should be fine though man. Clearances are usually spot on. pauls hardware did a build in the meshify c with a 1080 strix back in 2017, and still had probably about 1 or so inches or so of space between the front fans and the card. the 1080 strix is 298mm, so only 7mm shorter than the card you want to use. 

It'll be close, but it should fit.

I found a guy on pcpartpicker post pics of him getting the card in the black version of my case so I'm sure it will work. Thanks dude

I found a guy on pcpartpicker post pics of him getting the card in the black version of my case so I'm sure it will work. Thanks dude

Happy gaming man, glad I could point out some stuff.