Sound Card Recommendations ~ $30

Person_x
Go to solution Solved by Metallus97,
13 minutes ago, Person_x said:

Do you think a USB sound card would be better suited for me?

The only reason I'm opting for a PCI one is because I hear some USB versions have some kind of weird hissing or they stop working after some amount of time. Thank you for your reply btw.

I think that doesn’t matter with your use case. Idd get internal for the tidiness. More space and less cables on your desk :).

Some ultra cheapo USB sound cards have this problem, but at the 30$ range not anymore

I have an older desktop with a z97 board; after fiddling around for about 2 hours and disabling the front ports, I figured the audio sensor is completely busted since it's detecting headphones being plugged in when nothing's plugged in at all in any ports. I'd like some recommendations on an internal PCI sound card. I'm not too picky about the audio quality as long as it's on par with any standard mobo onboard. I was considering the Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX PCIe 5.1, but I'd like some feedback before I go out and purchase.

That’s fine! Well not great but when not to picky about audio and just wanting to listen to some music etc is very much fine :)

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

The only reason I'm opting for a PCI one is because I hear some USB versions have some kind of weird hissing or they stop working after some amount of time. Thank you for your reply btw.

13 minutes ago, Person_x said:

I think that doesn’t matter with your use case. Idd get internal for the tidiness. More space and less cables on your desk :).

Some ultra cheapo USB sound cards have this problem, but at the 30$ range not anymore

3 hours ago, Metallus97 said:

Just curious what usb sound card would you buy for this price? 

40 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Just curious what usb sound card would you buy for this price? 

U control Behringer. Good enough and has everything you need at less than 30$

30 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

U control Behringer. Good enough and has everything you need at less than 30$

Ah not really a little t of choices at this price point Behringer gear usually kinda sucks. But for this price I just kinda hope something is on sale on Ali express or something

8 hours ago, rice guru said:

Ah not really a little t of choices at this price point Behringer gear usually kinda sucks. But for this price I just kinda hope something is on sale on Ali express or something

Behringer sucks balls most of the time

I have manny stories about them... see I am a pro Audio guy (Studio and live) everything I had from Behringer was shot and stopped working after 12month

BUT the digital mixers are awesome for a fraction of what you pay elsewhere and my sisters u control works like a charm since ages lol

15 hours ago, Metallus97 said:

Behringer sucks balls most of the time

I have manny stories about them... see I am a pro Audio guy (Studio and live) everything I had from Behringer was shot and stopped working after 12month

BUT the digital mixers are awesome for a fraction of what you pay elsewhere and my sisters u control works like a charm since ages lol

I was always tempted to buy Behringer headphones because they're cheap. But nobody reviews them. Now I know why. 

22 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

I was always tempted to buy Behringer headphones because they're cheap. But nobody reviews them. Now I know why. 

Lol yeah sounds like trash 

get cheap senns Bayers or AKGs -> much better