mouse is very floaty windows and games

MaxLimit

I have been having this problem for a few months now. My mouse feels very floaty in game and on windows, I have tried a lot of things to fix this and nothing has worked. Even reinstalling windows did not fix the issue. This is ruining my gaming experience.

My Specs:

Windows 10 Home

Ryzen 3600X

DDR4 3200mhz Corsair RAM

1050TI GPU

750W power supply

X570 GAMING X Mobo 

My mouse is also the Logitech G305

What does floaty mean? Laggy? Like, it feels slow to respond?

To rule out the mouse, can you try it in another system? Or can you try another mouse on your system?

Main system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200 3x 16GB 2R, RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

Is your screen running at 60Hz (or whatever its intended refresh rate is)? You can see this in Nvidia Control Panel > Change Resolution > and see the Hz there.

What fps are the games running at? What frequency is the CPU running at?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

36 minutes ago, porina said:

What does floaty mean? Laggy? Like, it feels slow to respond?

To rule out the mouse, can you try it in another system? Or can you try another mouse on your system?

It feels slow to respond. I currently cannot try the the mouse on another desktop but on a laptop I can. Also tried another mouse on the same PC, this is for sure a hardware issue or a windows issue. Sometimes I had the issue, then it went away and now it came back and has been the same for a long time.

15 minutes ago, minibois said:

Is your screen running at 60Hz (or whatever its intended refresh rate is)? You can see this in Nvidia Control Panel > Change Resolution > and see the Hz there.

What fps are the games running at? What frequency is the CPU running at?

I am running at 144hz. The FPS I am getting on my games is 115-144. My CPU is at 4Ghz.