New Pc Build Advice/Help

Hello everyone !!! Im new to this forum / community this is my first post i just wanted to say im excited to read the content and hope i can maybe get some guidance?  

I recently stumbled across linus tech tips on youtube and i love all the content on this channel ive been watching video after video , In the last video i watched linustechtips did a gaming pc build / giveaway and In this video this forum was mentioned and linking in the details. 

I wanted to build a gaming pc that has VR capability and is able to play the latest games such as Fortnight, COD and most importantly Overwatch. 

Its been 10 years since i last built my own pc and so much has changed and evolved that i am asking for a bit of help. I don't really have a lot of disposable income so im going to 

slowly purchase the components piece by piece as i can afford them and i really dont want to get the wrong hardware and regret it later because it might take me several months to 

get everything together and i dont want to be stuck with incompatible hardware that i cant return.

I have put together a list of hardware and was hoping someone can take a look and let me know if im on the right track?

1. Case -- $100 This is the only i have purchased so i hope its ok 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QKV6HP9/?coliid=I12ST6YQWPSNMQ&colid=FLRSXWNAZI44&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

2. Processor  $340

Intel Core i7-9700 Desktop Processor 8 Cores up to 4.7 GHz LGA1151 300 Series 65W

3.Cooling / heatsync $130

Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM AIO Liquid CPU Cooler,240mm,Dual ML120 PRO RGB PWM Fans,Intel 115x/2066,AMD AM4/TR4

4.Ram / Memory  $95

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 LED Desktop Memory - Black

5.Mother Board $180

ASUS Prime Z390-A Motherboard LGA1151 (Intel 8th and 9th Gen) ATX DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 USB 3.1 Gen2 Gigabit LAN

6.Graphic Card $400

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition, 8GB GDDR5, LED, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC) 08G-P4-5173-KR (Renewed)

7. SSD harddrive  $110

Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-76E1T0B/AM)

8. Power Supply $130

CORSAIR RMX Series, RM850x, 850 Watt, 80+ Gold Certified, Fully Modular Power Supply

Thank you to anyone that takes the time to read this post .

Numzane

5 minutes ago, Numzane said:

I don't really have a lot of disposable income so im going to slowly purchase the components piece by piece as i can afford them and i really dont want to get the wrong hardware and regret it later because it might take me several months to get everything together and i dont want to be stuck with incompatible hardware that i cant return.

i've said this before and i'll say it again, wait till you save up enough and get everything at once. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Herman ,

Thanks for the advice, I know it would be ideal to get everything all at once but im in a situation where if i save the money i just know other thing will come up and i will end up dipping into the fund , If i just get the parts as i have the extra cash that way i know it will go towards my pc. I estimate this will take about 3 months to get everything.

Thanks again,

Numzane

1 minute ago, Numzane said:

Herman ,

Thanks for the advice, I know it would be ideal to get everything all at once but im in a situation where if i save the money i just know other thing will come up and i will end up dipping into the fund , If i just get the parts as i have the extra cash that way i know it will go towards my pc. I estimate this will take about 3 months to get everything.

Thanks again,

Numzane

if you get parts one by one, if anything fails you can't just go return it to the store you bought it from. not to mention you're losing part of the warranty period. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Yes I do agree that’s a valid point in regard to the warranty and the risk Im taking purchasing something that might be defective out of the box and won’t know till I build the pc . 

let’s say I was going to go out tomorrow and buy everything, After looking over what I have on my parts list do you think it’s a good PC for the price ? Are all these component compatible? Or could I save move in some placing and spend a little more in others? 

8 minutes ago, Numzane said:

Yes I do agree that’s a valid point in regard to the warranty and the risk Im taking purchasing something that might be defective out of the box and won’t know till I build the pc . 

let’s say I was going to go out tomorrow and buy everything, After looking over what I have on my parts list do you think it’s a good PC for the price ? Are all these component compatible? Of could I save move in some placing and spend a little more in others? 

I would get 3700x and b450 tomahawk max mobo. $400 for GTX 1070? Get Gigabyte RX 5700XT for $420 rn on Amazon. 

Is the tomahawk comparable to the Asus? Cuz I see it’s $115 vs $180 and your saying for $20 The gigabyte RX 5700XT is a better than the GTX 1070?

I was just looking up the MSI Tomahawk it has a AMD Chipset not Intel the i7 not gonna work . 

12 minutes ago, Numzane said:

I was just looking up the MSI Tomahawk it has a AMD Chipset not Intel the i7 not gonna work . 

21 minutes ago, Numzane said:

Is the tomahawk comparable to the Asus? Cuz I see it’s $115 vs $180 and your saying for $20 The gigabyte RX 5700XT is a better than the GTX 1070?

Switching Intel i7 9700 to AMD Ryzen 7 3700x. 9700 is not worth it because 2019 games are almost maxing out i7 9700 and no hyperthreading is a big no to me. Soon you won't able to do multi tasking or streaming. RX 5700xt is better than GTX 1070 in 1080p and 1440p.

44 minutes ago, Numzane said:

let’s say I was going to go out tomorrow and buy everything, After looking over what I have on my parts list do you think it’s a good PC for the price ? Are all these component compatible? Or could I save move in some placing and spend a little more in others? 

it's compatible but it's a pretty bad list.

Herman,

Thats clearly why I’m asking for advise from the community. Its pretty much the entire point of the post . 

21 minutes ago, OlympicAssEater said:

Switching Intel i7 9700 to AMD Ryzen 7 3700x. 9700 is not worth it because 2019 games are almost maxing out i7 9700 and no hyperthreading is a big no to me. Soon you won't able to do multi tasking or streaming. RX 5700xt is better than GTX 1070 in 1080p and 1440p.

What if I spend a little more money and get a i9 

Intel Core i9-9900K Desktop Processor 8 Cores up to 5.0 GHz Turbo unlocked LGA1151 300 Series 95W

Ive always had Intel and I really want to stay with Intel. I know it might be silly but it’s kinda like Coke and Pepsi or Xbox & PlayStation, I’m blindly loyal ? Unless your saying the AMD out preforms the Intel I would take the time and look into it . 

1 hour ago, Numzane said:

1. Case -- $100 This is the only i have purchased so i hope its ok 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QKV6HP9/?coliid=I12ST6YQWPSNMQ&colid=FLRSXWNAZI44&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I’m not sure about this case, is the glass covering completely front?? If that’s the case the airflow may suck

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

AMD literally outperforms intel in the value department. Price:performance wise there's no reason to go up to the i9s at all, just put that $ into your GPU.

23 minutes ago, Numzane said:

Herman,

Thats clearly why I’m asking for advise from the community. Its pretty much the entire point of the post . 

And i'm telling you to wait instead of buying one by one. We can't give you a list today when you're getting it in a few months because prices and availability will change.

7 minutes ago, ForYou said:

AMD literally outperforms intel in the value department. Price:performance wise there's no reason to go up to the i9s at all, just put that $ into your GPU.

Like I said I’m Blindly loyal , If that the case it might be in my best interest in thinking about AMD , what do you think about the RX 5700xt ? 

11 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

And i'm telling you to wait instead of buying one by one. We can't give you a list today when you're getting it in a few months because prices and availability will change.

mcpootis 

There are other people on here being kind enough to give me advise. Thanks for your opinion 

2070 Super>5700XT>2070

If gaming is all you are going to do, 9900K or 9900KS is fine. For streaming and productivity think about a Ryzen 7 or 9 series.

The case you picked could be improved upon. In that pricerange maybe look into the Phanteks P400a digital or an Silverstone RL06 for thermals. The p400 has a similar aesthetic to your case except it doesn't like like a technicolour rainbow road seizure machine. With cases like that usually there is bad airflow and seeing as it comes with 6 pre-installed fans under a 100 bucks, they're probably gonna be loud. Having a case with bad airflow and lots of noise isnt optimal. I'm betting the front 3 fans (the only intake ones, as far as I can see) are getting choked by the glass panel. 

If you're not gonna overclock, get an aircooler with a case that promotes airflow. it'll knock a good 75 bucks off your list and anything Noctua or Dark pro will be far sufficient. A ryzen 3rd gen processor comes with a cooler included, if you're not overclocking that saves you some money as well. Again, if literally all you do is game, then intel is best (right now) in terms of highest FPS. but the difference is hardly substantial.

Depending on the monitor you use, and whether or not you want to play 1080,1440 or 4K plus refresh rates makes a difference for GPU recommendation. 

4 hours ago, Numzane said:

After looking over what I have on my parts list do you think it’s a good PC for the price ?

Nope. Old GPU, overkill PSU, board isnt good. Non-overclockable CPU in a overclockable board. 

Ram is seriously way to expencive. 

The SSD is also overpriced. 

What is the full total budget and country?

3 hours ago, Numzane said:

mcpootis 

There are other people on here being kind enough to give me advise. Thanks for your opinion 

He is giving you good advice. If you dobt want to take it, fine. But you are wasting value and not allowing yourself to use return Windows

4 hours ago, Numzane said:

What if I spend a little more money and get a i9 

Intel Core i9-9900K Desktop Processor 8 Cores up to 5.0 GHz Turbo unlocked LGA1151 300 Series 95W

Ive always had Intel and I really want to stay with Intel. I know it might be silly but it’s kinda like Coke and Pepsi or Xbox & PlayStation, I’m blindly loyal ? Unless your saying the AMD out preforms the Intel I would take the time and look into it . 

i9 9900k is much better investment than i7 9700. i7 9700 is no good investment because it is a scam from Intel. I would go 3700x over i9 9900k if you value your money, but if you are not than go 9900k.

Buy. All. At. Once.

You risk A LOT buying part by part. DOA rates can be pretty high on some parts, such as storage. BUY. ALL. AT. ONCE. Get one of those piggy banks that you can only put money INTO unless you smash it. 

An AMD processor will vastly outperform the Intel competitor in most tasks and probably be at most 10% behind in gaming.... with a 2080 Ti. With something like a 5700XT or 2070 Super, the two value kings, you really won't notice much.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

If you are an enthusiast gamer get a 3600X based system with a 2070 Super, 6 core 12 thread will probably last longer and is much better value and likewise for a 2070 Super.

If you are a competitive gamer who wants optimal 1080 FPS look at the spec in my sig, the 1080ti is still a great gpu for the games you listed (if you're comfortable buying second hand). You won't need an RM1000X PSU, RM650X or equivalent will be fine. I am also swapping over the M.2 storage.

i've been slowly building my PC up over the last few years, upgrade path over the last few years:

Started with 8600K, 1060 3GB...etc

1TB SATA SSD

8700K and 1080ti

4133 16gb ddr4 kit

Z390 Aorus Master

4400 16gb ddr4 kit

9900KF

2TB m.2 main drive and 256gb boot drive

The beauty of AM4 is there's a fantastic upgrade path. Buy what you can afford now (don't get yourself in a shit ton of debt) and work your way up would be my advice.

Monitor: Alienware AW2518HF CPU: 9900K @ 5.1GHz Heatsink: 2x360MM Custom Loop GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti GAMING X TRIO RAM: Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 2x8GB 4400Mhz Mobo: Asus Maximus XI Gene Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 PSU: Corsair RM1000x Storage: Seagate Firecuda 510 2TB M.2, Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 256GB M.2

I'd go for something like this