Is This a scam?

Keal

A guy im trying to buy from says he has an "asus ROG RTX 2060 super advanced edition 8GB" but he is saying it only has 2 fans, I told him that model has 3 fans, but he keeps insisting it only has 2... Is there a model, or anything out there like this? maybe hes getting two models switched up?

there is, but it could be any ASUS strix card lol, the listing is labeled as a 2060 super 8gb but the card all look very similar

14 minutes ago, emosun said:

theres no picture of it?

i meant to reply lel

2 minutes ago, Keal said:

i meant to reply lel

then skip it and ignore the sale. it's not like computer parts are rare. buy from a reputable source with a warranty and not just some dude

Just tell him it's not a strix and share a link to Amazon or something

And then if he shares his own link to the one he bought as it turns out to be a Dual instead of Strix then haggle him way down.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Just tell him it's not a strix and share a link to Amazon or something

And then if he shares his own link to the one he bought as it turns out to be a Dual instead of Strix then haggle him way down.

thing is, i cant find a single strix card on the market with 2 fans, so im kind of confused, he haspictures, and its 100% a strix, but i cant see the amount of fans on the card lol

Here are all the RTX2060S GPUs made by Asus to date:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.ec28e13f9b093493e1a153640a10482a.jpg

I think the GPU in question might be an "EVO Advanced" which indeed comes with just two fans, and he 'might' be mistaking it (deliberately, perhaps?) with a "Gaming Advanced"?

In any case, there's no point getting all worked-up over such tiny details IF you've no intention of overclocking. They all have the same base, memory and boost clocks, if you look beyond their HSFs. 

About the only thing the "ROG Strix Gaming Advanced" has going for it is better cooling and a USB Type-C port for VR. That's about it. 

Anyhow, hope it helps. 

8 hours ago, Keal said:

thing is, i cant find a single strix card on the market with 2 fans, so im kind of confused, he haspictures, and its 100% a strix, but i cant see the amount of fans on the card lol

He has pictures of the graphics card but you can't even see the fan amount? I can't think of how that would even be possible. The fans are the most visible things on the card, if you can see the card you can see the fans.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

8 hours ago, Keal said:

I know my Radeon RX570 was a strix card and that had 2 fans, I think the 1060 variant did as well, but dont quote me on that one. I have purchased 2 used graphics cards in the last year, one for my gf and one for me, which was the strix rx570. I never had any problems with them and the guy was very nice. But this kind of launches some red flags for me. If the seller is not even sure what they're selling and insists that it is something its not, I wouldnt even give them the time of day. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X GPU: Reference 5700XT (Asus) Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X470-F RAM: Corsair 32GB Vengeance 3600Mhz PSU: Corsair RM850X White

Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB Storage: 500GB WD SN750 M.2, 4TB Samsung EVO SSD Case: NZXT H500i White

Keyboard: Asus ROG Strix Flare (MX Red) Mouse: Corsair Sabre RGB

6 hours ago, CPT_BEEMO said:

I know my Radeon RX570 was a strix card and that had 2 fans, I think the 1060 variant did as well, but dont quote me on that one. I have purchased 2 used graphics cards in the last year, one for my gf and one for me, which was the strix rx570. I never had any problems with them and the guy was very nice. But this kind of launches some red flags for me. If the seller is not even sure what they're selling and insists that it is something its not, I wouldnt even give them the time of day. 

RX570 isnt a 2070 though lol

7 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

He has pictures of the graphics card but you can't even see the fan amount? I can't think of how that would even be possible. The fans are the most visible things on the card, if you can see the card you can see the fans.

? they arent the most visible though? have you ever had a GPU? if you are mounting a GPU normally, without a vertical, or reverse mounting mod, the fans face down in the case, which means a photo would usually just show the backplate of the GPU, which it does

1 minute ago, Keal said:

? they arent the most visible though? have you ever had a GPU? if you are mounting a GPU normally, without a vertical, or reverse mounting mod, the fans face down in the case, which means a photo would usually just show the backplate of the GPU, which it does

I would hope it would have more than one photo, I was imagining a photo of the GPU outside the case

The size of the card should be a dead giveaway though

Primary PC: