Is there any way or software to make my cpu fan stop when CPU is idle?

I have an issue where I cant make my cpu cooler fans idle at 0 rpm when cpu is idling or under low load.

I have a ryzen 5 1600x oc'd to 4ghz on asus b350-f gaming mobo, cooled by Arctic Freezer 34 eSports duo. I have also checked the cpu temps with fans off to make sure the heatsink can handle it and it can without any problems.

In BIOS I have the option to set up a fan curve for all of the case fans to idle at 0rpm when cpu temp is under 50 degrees celsius but not for the cpu fan. I have tried using speedfan but it just doesn't seem to suport the mobo/cpu so I have 0 options of controlling any fans in it. 

I am wondering if there is any alternative way of setting up the fan curve for the cpu fan to idle at 0rpm except in the bios and speedfan?

Thank you in advance

21 minutes ago, FeedzMe said:

but not for the cpu fan.

Like it doesn't get lower than certain RPM or there's just no fan curve option for CPU fan header ? Try plugging it in another header then. Some motherboards don't to let change RPM on CPU MAIN \ PUMP header.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

1 minute ago, Juular said:

Like it doesn't get lower than certain RPM or there's just no fan curve option for CPU fan header ? Try plugging it in another header then. Some motherboards don't to let change RPM on CPU MAIN \ PUMP header.

I have the option to set the fan curve just not to make it idle at 0rpm. I have also run out of headers the only two I have left are cpu and aio pump and besides that I also want to avoid no cpu fan error. Thank you for the idea tho might do something with it but will require some splitters atleast.

I don't think it's a good idea to 'idle' your CPU fan anyway, some minimal RPMs should be present anyway to avoid heatsink & vapor chamber \ heat pipes oversaturation.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

4 minutes ago, Juular said:

I don't think it's a good idea to 'idle' your CPU fan anyway, some minimal RPMs should be present anyway to avoid heatsink & vapor chamber \ heat pipes oversaturation.

Cool thanks. I have to figure out what to do with gpu first anyway since its the louder of the two.

1 hour ago, FeedzMe said:

I also want to avoid no cpu fan error.

Disable the error message.

It's pops up if there's no or low rpm present on the cpu_fan header. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

• 2 years later...

I just created an account to answer this as I just figured out how to do it! I don't know which version of fan xpert you are using but my solution works for version 4. if you don't have fan xpert then get it from your ASUS motherboard support page (lately it is found in ARMOURY CRATE).

Once you get it run the auto tuning and set the curves you want for the fans.

some fans will have the auto-stop option visible, you can use it if you want.

If the fan you want to stop does not have that option, don't worry there is still hope!

save the curves and setting you just made in fan xpert with the save icon.

you will notice a new file with a long name in the folder C:\ProgramData\ASUS\Dip\FanXpert\Profiles

use notepad with administrator privileges to edit the file

look for required fan(s) t1delaytime and set it to 50 if you want the auto stop function.

save the file, load the profile again in fan xpert, and enjoy!

PS. I was amazed when this worked! I could not find any solutions anywhere for this problem.