Help me pick a case!

jpcamden

Hey guys. I'm building a computer with my tax money and I have everything besides the case and monitor so far (monitor is out of stock everywhere it seems). 

A buddy of mine is telling me to get the Corsair 650D, and it looks nice and all, but after reading the reviews on newegg the fan controllers breaking is mentioned A LOT.

So I'm worried about that. I've looked at the 500R and it looks nice as well. I have no experience with cases at all so I'm completely new to all this, and I'd really really appreciate the help here.

Here's the build I'm going for, with the 650D in there.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/jpcamden/saved/3GuR

I'm going to be relying on air flow so I'm not sure if I need the 650D which is apparently, from reading on random websites, more suited for watercooled builds.

Can you guys suggest any cases that are reliable, not SUPER loud, and keep my stuff cool? I keep reading the Corsair fans are kinda crappy and that you have to replace them, but what would I know?

750D , Define R4 , NZXT H440 , Bitfenix Ronin .

Interested in Business and Technology

R4. You are not gonna get a lot then the R4 from this forum. 

R4 Is not always the anwser , there are lots of awesome cases out there that are on par / even better than the R4 . The options i mentioned in my post are all different  Kind of cases but all of them are awesome and solid choices.

n600 from cooler master

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

750D , Define R4 , NZXT H440 , Bitfenix Ronin .

I absolutely loved how the 750D looked but when I read a review they said it's better for watercooling.

Do any of you have experience with this case and just using the stock fans or adding a couple more fans? It also doesn't have a fan controller but I don't know how important that is. Are there other ways to control how fast they go, or is it limited to a physical controller? Ok so my other friend says he has his case setup to where when he CPU gets under load, his fans speed up. So I guess I don't need a physical controller.

I like the R4's looks as well, sleek. Haven't looked at the other two, I'll check em out. THanks.

I absolutely loved how the 750D looked but when I read a review they said it's better for watercooling.

Do any of you have experience with this case and just using the stock fans or adding a couple more fans? It also doesn't have a fan controller but I don't know how important that is. Are there other ways to control how fast they go, or is it limited to a physical controller?

I like the R4's looks as well, sleek. Haven't looked at the other two, I'll check em out. THanks.

750D is an AWESOME case for anything you are going to do with it , being air or watercooling. 

I have experience with the 750D stock fans , they aren't as quiet as the R4 or NZXT ones but they are allright and dont really need replacing IMO. Also i would really suggest you take a look at these reviews to make a decission :

Goodluck on your decision and if you have any questions just PM me or Quote me.

750D is an AWESOME case for anything you are going to do with it , being air or watercooling

I have experience with the 750D stock fans , they aren't as quiet as the R4 or NZXT ones but they are allright and dont really need replacing IMO. Also i would really suggest you take a look at these reviews to make a decission :

Goodluck on your decision and if you have any questions just PM me or Quote me.

So with the 750D, do you just lower that door whenever you're playing games so the fans have airflow? Or does it do even when it's closed?

It's funny you linked that video. I watched it before and it mentioned that the front was broken haha. I'm sure I could get a replacement though.

So with the 750D, do you just lower that door whenever you're playing games so the fans have airflow? Or does it do even when it's closed?

It's funny you linked that video. I watched it before and it mentioned that the front was broken haha. I'm sure I could get a replacement though.

I don't have the 750D personally so i can't comment on that , i would ask somebody on the forum with a 750D ( Just go to the build logs section and PM someone with the 750D)

Fractal Arc Midi R2

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black