New monitor suggestions

Razza12003

So I'm looking at buying a new monitor and need it to be max £300 (~$380) but ideally less . I am looking for suggestions as to what the absolute best is in this price range.
Usage will be gaming and general computer usage / web browsing, whilst I do use some editing tools it's not to a professional level so I wouldn't need to consider that.
Ideally I would like a 1440p 144Hz monitor but not sure if that is possible with the budget I have set, if someone could show me otherwise that would be great

I currently have two pretty generic old samsung hdmi 1080p 60hz monitors (syncmasters I think they are)
GPU wise I am running a RTX 2070 

If not exact suggestions just tips for the best things to look for above resolution and refresh rate would be good like what panel is best and things like that.

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

What country? Need to know where you will be buying from

I am in the UK, England more specifically.

10 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

6 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/DjH8TW/viewsonic-vx2758-2kp-mhd-270-2560x1440-144-hz-monitor-vx2758-2kp-mhd the cheapest 1440p 144hz ips monitor you can get. You can get VA 1440p 144hz monitors but they have kinda crap response times and I would not use one for any sort of competitive gaming. 

The monitor above that boggy has linked is VA but has a 1millisecond response time, whats the case against VA? Sorry, I'm not too well versed on monitor tech, hence asking here.

3 minutes ago, Razza12003 said:

The monitor above that boggy has linked is VA but has a 1millisecond response time, whats the case against VA? Sorry, I'm not too well versed on monitor tech, hence asking here.

if you play FPS games at a competitive level, a TN panel is a better choice, as it's a bit faster and crisper.

If you play a variety of games casually, and also watch films and do other stuff, the contrast and colors of the VA panel will be better.

2 minutes ago, Razza12003 said:

Being advertised as having 1ms response times mean nothing as VA panels consistently have the worse response times out of the 3 common panel types (TN, VA, and IPS). The main issue is that VA panels are know to suffer from ghosting which can be mild to severe depending on the model. 

Ips has the balance of having good response times and good color reproduction. TN panels are the fastest and most responsive but lack the same quality color reproduction or contrast ratio that IPS and VA panels have. I play alot of competitive games so I would never touch a VA panel but I do have an ips and a TN panel. I will say a decent TN panel has pretty good visuals looking at it dead on but looks a bit weird if viewed at an angle. Crap tn panels look pretty washed out so that is something to keep in mind. 

14 minutes ago, Razza12003 said:

https://www.displayninja.com/aoc-cq32g1-review/ here is a review to let you know a bit more about what I am talking about. It discusses the actual gtg response time of 5ms and the fact that it does suffer from minor motion blur and ghosting. It looks like this model isn't exceptionally bad in terms of motion blur and ghosting so if you really wanted it and you don't care as much about competitive gaming it wouldn't be too bad.