How often do you lift?

Cs342

Does anyone here work out? How many times a week should one hit the gym?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

I lift cookies

Well I should have known not to ask for fitness advice in a forum for nerds...

Yep you made a mistake , now all you base are belong to us.

Putting that aside though, work out when you feel like it and as much as you feel like it, that's my oppinion.

I lift servers and heavy computers all day if that counts... I used to be able to bench maybe 100 pounds, now i'm up to about 250, just from work. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

I lift thrice a week for now.

maybe I'll start using some fancier splits once the beginner stage starts wearing off.

And since I go to the gym almost every other day I go trough major muscle groups once so I don't kill them

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

i lift about 3 times a week.

| i5 4690K 4,4Ghz | Gtx 680 Msi twin frozr Oc edition | Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 Gb | Asus Z97-A | Seagate Barracuda 1 TB| Samsung 840 EVO SSD 120GB | Fractal Design Integra 750 W | All gently placed with great fright inside a Fractal Design Define R4 |

| ProJect Head Box S USB with Hifiman HE-400's plugged in | Check profile page for more Audio shizzle(dizzle) |

I lift thrice a week for now.

maybe I'll start using some fancier splits once the beginner stage starts wearing off.

And since I go to the gym almost every other day I go trough major muscle groups once so I don't kill them

Is it bad to work your biceps every other day? I've heard once a week is more than enough.

i sometimes do pushups at home and jog sometimes but nothing more. i hate going to gym but maybe i will

I hit the gym 2 times a week.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Is it bad to work your biceps every other day? I've heard once a week is more than enough.

I'm by no means an expert or even that knowledgeable, but I'd say it depends on the way you do it.

If you do work them out to death every other day they have no time to recover. But if you do e.g. 3x10 make sure the last two reps of the whole series are pushing it, that way they have time to recover. If you work them out once a week tougher training is okay

Personally I go there every Monday, Wednesday and saturday. And I do:

Squats

Bench press

Chin-ups with knuckles facing you

Behind the neck press

Bicep curl with a barbell

And then sit-ups

The same routine every time, 3x10 except for squats. Works every big group nicely

I don't go to any gyms. I just do heavy work.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I'm by no means an expert or even that knowledgeable, but I'd say it depends on the way you do it.

If you do work them out to death every other day they have no time to recover. But if you do e.g. 3x10 make sure the last two reps of the whole series are pushing it, that way they have time to recover. If you work them out once a week tougher training is okay

Personally I go there every Monday, Wednesday and saturday. And I do:

Squats

Bench press

Chin-ups with knuckles facing you

Behind the neck press

Bicep curl with a barbell

And then sit-ups

The same routine every time, 3x10 except for squats. Works every big group nicely

I've noticed I'm getting fewer gains as I progress, is it possible that I'm not giving myself enough rest time?

I've noticed I'm getting fewer gains as I progress, is it possible that I'm not giving myself enough rest time?

That could be it, or the quick gains stop coming after you do it for a long time.

That could be it, or the quick gains stop coming after you do it for a long time.

So what should I do to increase gains? Do more or rest more?

Does anyone here work out? How many times a week should one hit the gym?

Yea but remember that everyone is a different individual so there are nerds that lift. I try to hit the gym 3-4 times a week

Loves PC Games :D

So what should I do to increase gains? Do more or rest more?

well I can try to help, maybe tell me your working-out schedule?

well I can try to help, maybe tell me your working-out schedule?

I do full body workouts 3 times a week (every other day, and rest on Saturday and Sunday). Mostly consists of chest press machine, bench press, bicep barbell curls, pullups, leg curls etc.

Ive noticed that my gains have begun to slow down, but I'm definitely able to maintain my gains so it's not like I'm losing muscle or anything.

I do full body workouts 3 times a week (every other day, and rest on Saturday and Sunday). Mostly consists of chest press machine, bench press, bicep barbell curls, pullups, leg curls etc.

Ive noticed that my gains have begun to slow down, but I'm definitely able to maintain my gains so it's not like I'm losing muscle or anything.

I really can't say anything to that, other than chest press and bench press both target chest so maybe a bit redundant for doing every other day, maybe I dunno.

That's about it what I can say. I can still ask for how long have you been going to the gym?

Edit: also squats are allegedly the best leg work-out. Not always accurate though

Edited by RatedBlam