I have a Delema

I have a question. Is it better if i have one M.2 drive abd one ssd. Or two M.2 drives? 

Technically 2 M.2 drives as they perform better?

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

doesn't matter, whatever fits in your case/mobo better.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

Just now, Statik said:

Technically 2 M.2 drives as they perform better?

Not true. There are m.2 drive that communicate over the sata protocol so they are still capped at 6gb/s

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

Entirely depends on what we're comparing,

M.2 drives range from those which use the SATA interface, which have speeds of around 550/550 Megabyte per second (read/write), which is the same as 'normal SSD's'. There are also those which use the PCIE interface, which range from 1500/500MBPS up to and above 3500/3000MBPS+

Keeping that in mind, it also depends on what size drive you're looking at.

To me, it usually makes the most sense to:

- a 500GB M.2 PCIE (a more 'budget' option perhaps, like the 660p)

- a large HDD (think 2-4TB)

- another SSD if you truly need the fast storage

But that is just what most people who absolutely need the space+speed could get. That is not a feasible or logical solution for everyone.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

8 minutes ago, Bemax864 said:

I have a question. Is it better if i have one M.2 drive abd one ssd. Or two M.2 drives? 

You want raid.........

*** Threads merged ***

Please don't post same topic again.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 12/8/2019 at 8:45 PM, minibois said:

Entirely depends on what we're comparing,

M.2 drives range from those which use the SATA interface, which have speeds of around 550/550 Megabyte per second (read/write), which is the same as 'normal SSD's'. There are also those which use the PCIE interface, which range from 1500/500MBPS up to and above 3500/3000MBPS+

Keeping that in mind, it also depends on what size drive you're looking at.

To me, it usually makes the most sense to:

- a 500GB M.2 PCIE (a more 'budget' option perhaps, like the 660p)

- a large HDD (think 2-4TB)

- another SSD if you truly need the fast storage

But that is just what most people who absolutely need the space+speed could get. That is not a feasible or logical solution for everyone.

I was thinking of getting two of these:

addlink S70 1TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 with Read Write speed of 3400 MB/s 3000 MB/s. 

Would that be a good choice? 

3 hours ago, Bemax864 said:

addlink S70 1TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 with Read Write speed of 3400 MB/s 3000 MB/s. 

looks pretty decent. All depends on pricing though. as the article i linked there says, its almost as good as a Samsung 970EVO. If its less, go for it. You also might want to consider a slower SATA based SSD for less cost, and also throw in a couple TB of hard drive space.

9 hours ago, Bemax864 said:

Looks like a pretty good option: https://www.pcworld.com/article/3405888/addlink-s70-nvme-ssd-review.html

Of course depends on the pricing though!

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

12 hours ago, AvocadosGuac said:

looks pretty decent. All depends on pricing though. as the article i linked there says, its almost as good as a Samsung 970EVO. If its less, go for it. You also might want to consider a slower SATA based SSD for less cost, and also throw in a couple TB of hard drive space.

What if i get one Seagate 2 TB BarraCuda 3.5 Inch Internal Hard Drive (£54.35)

And two addlink S70 1TB (For two - £234.88)