How do I get strangers to do an online survey?

jib9001

Hello all,

I recently started a new job and my first project is redesigning a website aimed at getting people to move to the region, specifically tech oriented professionals. I'm not exactly part of the demographic(I'm a tech person, but I've lived here all my life and never really considered moving). I want to survey people on the important things they'd like to know when considering moving to a new region for a tech related job, but I don't know how to do that, or if it's even possible, so I thought I'd put the question out and see if any of you know a good way for me.

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

4 hours ago, jib9001 said:

I want to survey people on the important things they'd like to know when considering moving to a new region for a tech related job, but I don't know how to do that, or if it's even possible, so I thought I'd put the question out and see if any of you know a good way for me.

you need to pay people to give you info like that, maybe its not outright cash it could be a gift card, or coupons.

when people want me to freely give info, i will lie about every question the poll asks.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, JZStudios said:

...why?

....why not?

Spoiler

I dunno why, just used to lying to stores about phone numbers and postal codes, and income tiers.

23 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

....why not?

Because the surveys are meant to get your honest opinions on perceptions or experiences so someone can improve their product or service. Lying just obfuscates that, and then people throw a fit when the company ends up making decisions based on that data that is not at all what the customers wanted. But nobody knows that because all the attempts are gathering that data was corrupted by customers lying about everything.

You're not the first/only person I've heard respond that way.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7 6850K

GPU: nVidia GTX 1080Ti (ZoTaC AMP! Extreme)

Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-UltraGaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB) 3000Mhz EVGA SuperSC DDR4

Case: RaidMax Delta I

PSU: ThermalTake DPS-G 750W 80+ Gold

Monitor: Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD

Keyboard: Corsair K70

Mouse: Corsair Scimitar

Audio: Logitech Z200 (desktop); Roland RH-300 (headphones)

49 minutes ago, The1Dickens said:

Because the surveys are meant to get your honest opinions on perceptions or experiences so someone can improve their product or service. Lying just obfuscates that, and then people throw a fit when the company ends up making decisions based on that data that is not at all what the customers wanted. But nobody knows that because all the attempts are gathering that data was corrupted by customers lying about everything.

You're not the first/only person I've heard respond that way.

Or people make stupid joke suggestions that everyone votes for. Never give people the option to name a thing or make a suggestion if you want actual valid feedback.

Typically if I get roped into doing a survey I don't want to do I just put "Yes I'm satisfied." It just seems stupid that the first thing you do when going into a clinic is filling out a survey about the care they haven't provided.

#Muricaparrotgang