Rigid Tubing Suggestions

Go to solution Solved by FluffyNuggets,

Ok. Well looking at what i have picked out will that be good to run some nice black and white tubing? Im thinking i will heat the tubing and then put it in place (knowing where to heat and bend) anf hold it there until it hardens (cooling it with a fan) would that work? Oh and how many things of tubing did you need?

I actually ran out towards the end and I messed up my last piece by over working it. I bought about 9ft of tubing (3 tubes at 3ft each) and I needed more. If I were you I'd buy a lot because you don't know whats gonna happen when you bend it or if you over cut it.

Everything looks fine from what I see. If you heat the tubing and then put it to one fitting and bend it to the next that should be a lot easier. I started doing that towards the end and it was a lot quicker and easier but unfortunately I ran out of tube so I had to use soft tubing for my last bend.  

I just finished putting together a replacement for my non acrylic runs. Here it is:

mB5lYBY.png

I cant find any angled fittings. Heres my rig:

vJfSJp7l.jpg

Do you think i need any? Please tell me what i should change. Im thinking ill use the fittings as a circular object to bend the tubes. Any advice is appreciated thanks!

you should take out your zip code from the pic

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

NB eloops or gt's yo

heard they are making a revised gentle typhoon, might want to look into that :P

Yeah i was thinking those or hiding the fans on the other side. They were really expensive so i dont want to change em.

Yeah i was thinking those or hiding the fans on the other side. They were really expensive so i dont want to change em.

sell em yo

So much work... :P

oh trust me it would worth it...you could actually look at your build and get as good if not better performance from the eloops

Whats someone gonna do? Kill me? Its not my address so im not worried.

-puts knife away- well maybe *-*

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

oh trust me it would worth it...you could actually look at your build and get as good if not better performance from the eloops

Maybe ill do that when i replace my tubing. You think thats everything i need for going with rigid?

You have to get extensions, not fittings. Basically you'd use the angle extensions and then put the tube fitting on the end of that. 

Having just done acrylic I'm definitely going to be redoing it and buying fittings to do straight runs for most of it. Bending is a pain in the *** and so time consuming!

Honestly, if you're going to bend I'd just do it by hand instead of using a jig. Simple bends are fairly easy but trying to do offset bends is just a pain, at least it was for me. You don't realize how much the offset is until you try to get acrylic to line up with it. 

You have to get extensions, not fittings. Basically you'd use the angle extensions and then put the tube fitting on the end of that.

Having just done acrylic I'm definitely going to be redoing it and buying fittings to do straight runs for most of it. Bending is a pain in the *** and so time consuming!

Honestly, if you're going to bend I'd just do it by hand instead of using a jig. Simple bends are fairly easy but trying to do offset bends is just a pain, at least it was for me. You don't realize how much the offset is until you try to get acrylic to line up with it.

Oh so fittings are needed but extensions act like 45 or 90 degree fittings? Nvm i get it.

By looking at my build do you think ill need any? I can move some cables around. And do i need anything else or is my frozencpu cart fine?

Oh so fittings are needed but extensions act like 45 or 90 degree fittings? Nvm i get it. By looking at my build do you think ill need any? I can move some cables around. And do i need anything else or is my frozencpu cart fine?

Hard to say, maybe some 45's. You won't really know till you start running tubing. If you look at your current tubing just look for where there's sharp bends. 

Hard to say, maybe some 45's. You won't really know till you start running tubing. If you look at your current tubing just look for where there's sharp bends.

Ok. Well looking at what i have picked out will that be good to run some nice black and white tubing? Im thinking i will heat the tubing and then put it in place (knowing where to heat and bend) anf hold it there until it hardens (cooling it with a fan) would that work? Oh and how many things of tubing did you need?

I actually ran out towards the end and I messed up my last piece by over working it. I bought about 9ft of tubing (3 tubes at 3ft each) and I needed more. If I were you I'd buy a lot because you don't know whats gonna happen when you bend it or if you over cut it.

Everything looks fine from what I see. If you heat the tubing and then put it to one fitting and bend it to the next that should be a lot easier. I started doing that towards the end and it was a lot quicker and easier but unfortunately I ran out of tube so I had to use soft tubing for my last bend.  

Thanks for the help. I'm going to get an extra 36" piece then and use half to practice on. I decided to do all black tubing.

Thanks for the help. I'm going to get an extra 36" piece then and use half to practice on. I decided to do all black tubing.

Not a problem. I hope things go better for you then they did for me lol! Oh well, it's all a learning experience and it takes practice. 

One last advice, make sure you hold the tube around 8" or so above the heat gun and use the reducer that comes with it. Make sure you keep the tube turning so you don't melt it and cause it to blister. I used the exact same heat gun you're buying so I know how it is. I'd suggest turning it on it's highest setting in order to get the best results. 

Also, make sure you don't use it under a smoke detector since it will set it off. I set mine off and had to do it somewhere else lol!

EDIT:

Never mind, I used a different heat gun.