MSI B450 Gaming plus MAX LED support

Hi all,

I have the MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max and I'm thinking of adding some LEDs to my case. I don't want super fancy stuff, probably just going to set it to white just to illuminate the inside.

I was looking at the Phanteks  PH-LEDKT combo kit (http://www.phanteks.com/PH-LEDKT.html) which support Mystic Light, however it is unclear whether my motherboard support mystic light and I can't seem to find it on the product page.

Even if my motherboard does not support mystic light, it does have RGB headers so how would I go about setting up the lights, is there software I need for that?

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

It actually says in that link that its compatible with Gigabyte RGB fusion, which is what your board should be using.  Pretty sure gigabyte has a download for this software on their website, just look up the downloads for your particular board.  That should let you control what's going on.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

12 minutes ago, Polyvalent said:

It actually says in that link that its compatible with Gigabyte RGB fusion, which is what your board should be using.  Pretty sure gigabyte has a download for this software on their website, just look up the downloads for your particular board.  That should let you control what's going on.

But the motherboard is a MSI, so would that work?

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

1 minute ago, martward said:

But the motherboard is a MSI, so would that work?

Lol whoops I read that wrong somehow :P

Funnily enough it also says its compatible with MSI boards in that link you provided.  My bad 

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

6 minutes ago, Polyvalent said:

Lol whoops I read that wrong somehow :P

Funnily enough it also says its compatible with MSI boards in that link you provided.  My bad 

Yeah but I can't find anything about mystic light on the product page of my motherboard. I'll just chance it, thanks.

My System:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, martward said:

Yeah but I can't find anything about mystic light on the product page of my motherboard. I'll just chance it, thanks.

https://www.msi.com/Landing/mystic-light-rgb-gaming-pc/

First google result for "msi mystic light control"

https://www.msi.com/Landing/mystic-light-rgb-gaming-pc/download

8 minutes ago, Polyvalent said:

What I meant was, on the other boards such as the Tomahawk Max Mystic light is advertised on the product page of the motherboard. Since there was no mention anywhere on the product page of my motherboard I wasn't sure if it'll work. However I have installed the software and it seems to recognize my motherboard so it should work fine I hope.

My System:

Spoiler

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2019 at 9:05 PM, martward said:

What I meant was, on the other boards such as the Tomahawk Max Mystic light is advertised on the product page of the motherboard. Since there was no mention anywhere on the product page of my motherboard I wasn't sure if it'll work. However I have installed the software and it seems to recognize my motherboard so it should work fine I hope.

Hi, Can you tell me if those led strips works with that MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max? I want to buy mobo and some led strips and you are right, there is no info about Mystic Light but there is a RGB LED port on that board. Im curious if you have some info about that :) Cheers

45 minutes ago, k1shony said:

Hi, Can you tell me if those led strips works with that MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max? I want to buy mobo and some led strips and you are right, there is no info about Mystic Light but there is a RGB LED port on that board. Im curious if you have some info about that :) Cheers

They work. The Phanteks rgbs aren't addressable, but you can control the strips from the Mystic software. I ended up using only one of the strips since I had no place to put the other in my case. Do keep in mind that you can only hook up 1 led strip to the motherboard and the other only to the first one and you control them as if they are one led strip, so both strips will have the same colour and effect!

My System:

Spoiler

@k1shony Oh and welcome to the forum :)!

My System:

Spoiler

4 hours ago, martward said:

They work. The Phanteks rgbs aren't addressable, but you can control the strips from the Mystic software. I ended up using only one of the strips since I had no place to put the other in my case. Do keep in mind that you can only hook up 1 led strip to the motherboard and the other only to the first one and you control them as if they are one led strip, so both strips will have the same colour and effect!

Thank you :) That info is very important. I saw some hubs for that, maybe that is the solution to make them bright separately - i will check it out on myself :D I'll take that mobo then !

4 hours ago, martward said:

@k1shony Oh and welcome to the forum :)!

Thank you, you brought me here - you can be proud :D:D:D