needs information to replace aircoolong by watercooling

Hello everyone

I wish to replace my bequiet dark rock pro 4 on my 8600k but a would like o/c aboe 4.7Ghz i think 4.9/5.0 ghz if possible i've got Asus z370 strix F gaming .

I would like to have opinions and recommendation on watercooling, i'am looking for a pretty efficient water cooling is quite silent.

I saw more than one model:

1) thermaltake water 3.0 360 argb

2) deepcool castle ex 360 v2

3) coolermaster ml360r

secondly i've got 2*200mm fan on my case h500p

would it be better to replace them with 3 * 140 mm or stay on 2 * 200 mm ?

cordially John

Waste of money and all those coolers are louder than your Dark Rock Pro 4.

Maybe you are just not a very good overlocker, Peeps get 9700k and 9900k @ 5ghz with the same cooler you use right now.

19 minutes ago, johnt31 said:

Hello everyone

I wish to replace my bequiet dark rock pro 4 on my 8600k but a would like o/c aboe 4.7Ghz i think 4.9/5.0 ghz if possible i've got Asus z370 strix F gaming .

I would like to have opinions and recommendation on watercooling, i'am looking for a pretty efficient water cooling is quite silent.

I saw more than one model:

1) thermaltake water 3.0 360 argb

2) deepcool castle ex 360 v2

3) coolermaster ml360r

cordially John

If you want lower temp you need custom loop cooling with big radiator. Because thats a very good and effecient aircooler. Hard to beat. No AIO will.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

2 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

If you want lower temp you need custom loop cooling with big radiator. Because thats a very good and effecient aircooler. Hard to beat. No AIO will.

Come on, dude! The 8600k setup doesn't need some expensive custom loop setup. Waste of money.

4 minutes ago, pizapower said:

Come on, dude! The 8600k setup doesn't need some expensive custom loop setup. Waste of money.

You definitely would if you want to improve on the temperature compared to his current cooling setup!

(edit, unless the case is not ventilated enough)

According to this website the thermaltake water 3.0 360 argb gets a nice 32c with an i7-7700k.

https://www.kitguru.net/components/cooling/silas-newman/thermaltake-water-3-0-360-argb-sync-review/5/

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 2600x 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
  • GPU
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB GAMING OC Video Card
  • Case
    Thermaltake Versa H18 MicroATX Mini Tower Case
  • Storage
    Crucial MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
  • PSU
    Corsair VS 550 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply
  • Cooling
    Deepcool Gamerstorm Captain 240 PRO
  • Operating System
    WIndows 10 home

It your choice what to do.

• CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 2600x 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
  • RAM
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
  • GPU
    Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 6 GB GAMING OC Video Card
  • Case
    Thermaltake Versa H18 MicroATX Mini Tower Case
  • Storage
    Crucial MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
  • PSU
    Corsair VS 550 W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply
  • Cooling
    Deepcool Gamerstorm Captain 240 PRO
  • Operating System
    WIndows 10 home

14 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

You definitely would if you want to improve on the temperature compared to his current cooling setup!

He's doing something very wrong that even his cooler can't cool his CPU. I even ran my old fx8320e @ 4.7ghz 1,45v with my NH-D14(it draw like something 250w) He has better cooler than my nh-d14.

6 hours ago, johnt31 said:

Glass front panel or mesh front panel?
If glass, remove front panel.

6 hours ago, johnt31 said:

Don't expect it to change much - which 140 or 200 fans will matter as much as the size - and kind of marginal.

Do you have the 2 200mm at the front intake?

Dark rock pro 4 is one of the best air cooler out there right now. I mean going for 360mm aio does not help that much, at least not for reaching over 5ghz for that youll need custom loop.

4 hours ago, johnt31 said:

3 * 140 mm or stay on 2 * 200 mm ?

I mean are the 2x 200mm fans quiet and good. If they are stay with them, if not buy the 3x 140mm (2x200mm=400mm, 3x140mm= 420mm)

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

8 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Glass front panel or mesh front panel?
If glass, remove front panel.

Don't expect it to change much - which 140 or 200 fans will matter as much as the size - and kind of marginal.

Do you have the 2 200mm at the front intake?

i've got  h500p with glass front panel and my h500p havee  2*200 mm in front

and i'm usinng cooler master support to remplace 2*200 mm because  they

generate noise (ball bearing)

https://eu.coolermaster.com/fr/case/mid-tower/mastercase-h500p/

ok i'm trying to remove the front panel

actually idle at 4.6ghz  29°c at 800 rmp and on game  55°c max at 800 rmp with front pannel glass

36 minutes ago, johnt31 said:

ok i'm trying to remove the front panel

actually idle at 4.6ghz  29°c at 800 rmp and on game  55°c max at 800 rmp with front pannel glass

Those are very nice temps. And there is NO All-in-one waterloop that can do much better. You might get 1C improvement.
Taking the front of the case might do more for you then paying trough the nose for some ineffecient watersetup.

edit; Maybe you believe this weirdo: ( :P )

39 minutes ago, johnt31 said:

¿But then why are you considering a change of cooler? Wait until temps are actually the one thing holding you back...

4 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

edit; Maybe you believe this weirdo: ( :P )

It's the same as this one, though:

Spoiler

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

9 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

¿But then why are you considering a change of cooler? Wait until temps are actually the one thing holding you back...

It's the same as this one, though:

Hide contents

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Guessing we are confusing watercooling with AIO's and custom loop watercooling. As the latter will be very much better the AIO's are the ones not worth the money. (in almost every scenario, improving airflow usualy works better then putting in an AIO).

edit: But both videos are very good information so be sure to watch both if you interested in cooling solutions. :D

5 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Guessing we are confusing watercooling with AIO's and custom loop watercooling. As the latter will be very much better

Not really, there's nothing magical about a loop being custom made. I can make a custom loop with a single 120x27mm radiator, and it will probably perform like an Hyper 212, and I can get a 280x35mm AIO water cooler that only a handful air coolers, if any, will match. The devil is in the details, not in the custom vs. AIO nature.

In any case, I do think that watercooling, whether in one incarnation or another, and with the exception of really gargantuan custom loops, is mostly about moving the heat exchange elsewhere, the benefits of which vary on a case by case basis.

8 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

the AIO's are the ones not worth the money.

Hard to say, most AIO's are substantially cheaper than the air coolers that outclass them (an average 240mm AIO will go for $50-60 vs $80-90 for high end Noctuas). Of course, you can pay more than double for RGB or brand fanboyism or whatever, but that applies to every component ?

All in all, I don't fundamentally disagree with you, I just stay away front blanket statements as I tend to find little truth in them.

2 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Not really, there's nothing magical about a loop being custom made. I can make a custom loop with a single 120x27mm radiator, and it will probably perform like an Hyper 212, and I can get a 280x35mm AIO water cooler that only a handful air coolers, if any, will match. The devil is in the details, not in the custom vs. AIO nature.

In any case, I do think that watercooling, whether in one incarnation or another, and with the exception of really gargantuan custom loops, is mostly about moving the heat exchange elsewhere, the benefits of which vary on a case by case basis.

Hard to say, most AIO's are substantially cheaper than the air coolers that outclass them (an average 240mm AIO will go for $50-60 vs $80-90 for high end Noctuas). Of course, you can pay more than double for RGB or brand fanboyism or whatever, but that applies to every component ?

All in all, I don't fundamentally disagree with you, I just stay away front blanket statements as I tend to find little truth in them.

Agreed, but those statements make it easier for people to make their choice as explaining all the small details is hard (aka a lot of work).
But pricing is also very localized BTW. As over here its a bit different, i haven't seen an AIO under 100 bucks (not even accepting them shitty cheapo's from stores like aliexpress btw) and most good aircoolers are around 60 bucks. So that's a thing as well.
Damn the pro's and con's keep increasing. hehehe.

if I understand the dark rock pro 4 is a good cooling I do not have a significant gap with aio?
it is enough for me to optimize the flow of air of the case which could help
for example add fans 2 * 200 .. on the top
the question is to know I put them in extraction or air intake

i thin replace my  200m cooler master by thermaltake pure 200mm  pwm

https://www.newegg.com/global/fr-en/thermaltake-cl-f081-pl20sw-a-case-fan/p/N82E16835106581?Description=pure 20 argb&cm_re=pure_20_argb-_-35-106-581-_-Product