Sonic studio using high amount of cpu

T0MMEN

image.png.0094bcec13550ba181e0db35e5619663.png

How the h*ll is sonicstudio3 using this amount of my 9700k at 5ghz ???? Any one have fix? when playing PUBG the game stutters when sonicstudio usage gets high.

i9-9900k 5.0ghz, 16gb Corsair 3600mhz, Asrock phantom itx z390 Mobo, RTX 3060ti, 1TB+1TB Western digital NVME, InWin A1, Noctua NH-U12S

18 minutes ago, T0MMEN said:

image.png.0094bcec13550ba181e0db35e5619663.png

How the h*ll is sonicstudio3 using this amount of my 9700k at 5ghz ???? Any one have fix? when playing PUBG the game stutters when sonicstudio usage gets high.

How many plugins you using? SonicStudio and similar programs can use alot of cpu, EqualizerAPO can use 2-4% at times, and that just DSP

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

13 minutes ago, Derkoli said:

How many plugins you using? SonicStudio and similar programs can use alot of cpu, EqualizerAPO can use 2-4% at times, and that just DSP

Im not so sure what you mean about plug ins ? I only use what comes pre-installed on the audio driver.

i9-9900k 5.0ghz, 16gb Corsair 3600mhz, Asrock phantom itx z390 Mobo, RTX 3060ti, 1TB+1TB Western digital NVME, InWin A1, Noctua NH-U12S

Just now, T0MMEN said:

Im not so sure what you mean about plug ins ? I only use what comes pre-installed on the audio driver.

Haha i thought it was a music creation tool.

Well, it's a DSP, so it most likely will use some CPU, try disabling it/turning it off and see if it decreases CPU usage, it is odd that a simple DSP would use 5% of your particular CPU

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)