3570k overclock

hi ihave intel 3570k cpu with msi z77a-gd65 gaming mobo and antec kuhler 620

i was wondering if i should overclock it now or should i wait for better cooler thanks :)

Oc now!

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

go for it.

Specs: Cpu: i7-4790k@4.5ghz 1.19v Cooler: H100i Motherboard: Msi z97 g55 SLI  Ram: Kingston HyperX Black 16gb 1600mhz GPU: XFX R9 290X Core Edition PSU: Corsair HX850  Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Force series 3 120gb ssd, sandisk ultra 256gb ssd, 1tb blue drive  Keyboard: Rosewill RK9100x Mouse: DeathAdder  Monitors: 3 22 inch on a triple monitor mount

Some people OC with the stock cooler, just see what you can get to, the later when you have the better cooler, increase the OC.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

I'd say 4.6GHz would be a nice 24/7 overclock for you. I've managed 4.7GHz with the same chip but am running on a Hyper 212 EVO cooler so it's just not practical.

Specs are on my profile page

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

im bit worried about temps i dont want to run it like 80C

and im pretty new to this overclocking thing so im not sure how to set things up

Just go into the BIOS and set the Vcore to what ever it's saying there, just not to auto. Should be around 1.2V and then set the multiplier to 40 to begin. Don't play around with the base clock because that ends in instability and it's not really worth it. Then try to boot your OS, but that should work! To test the stability I use prime95 but you can use OCCT or what ever you want to use. Watch your temps though! I wouldn't go about 70°C, intel guarantees for 68°C or something, but 2° more or less isn't the world and also 80°C for 20mins won't kill your CPU but staying below 70°C will be safe! If you're OC is stable go into the BIOS and increase the clockspeed and voltage if needed. But watch your temps every time you're running the stability test.

What helped me getting lower temps was lowering the PLL voltage from I think it was 1.700V or so to 1.550V. Didn't effect stability at all for me. If your system should boot anymore and you can't enter the bios clear the CMOS. Your mobo manual helps your figuring out how to do that ;) Have fun!

Edit: Always try to run the lowest voltage possible because voltage results in temperature! :)

3570K @4.1GHz on a Gigabyte Z77X-D3H with 8GB of Corsair XMS3 overclocked to 2000MHz CL11 with a GTX 770 all inside a Corsair 600t case.

thanks that helped a lot :)

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016