escape key acting like play media key AND escape

I have a strafe rgb from corsair and ever since I updated to windows 10 ver.1909, the escape key has beenn actinng like play/pause media key

there are no macros that are bound with the escape key

Current Specs (Am building a mini ITX PC, will take a while)

CPU                                   RAM                                             Motherboard

Ryzen 7 5700G              16GB unbranded 2666Mhz           Asus ROG Strix  x570-i

GPU                                  Case                                              Boot Drive

EVGA GTX 1060           SSUPD Meshlicious                  Corsair MP500  500GB

Headset                           FBT                                                Extras
Quest 2                       Waist+Chest on OwOtrack                VIVE DAS

When it is finished

CPU                                   RAM                                             Motherboard

Ryzen 7 5700G              32GB Corsair LPX 4200Mhz     Asus ROG Strix  x570-i

GPU                                  Case                                              Boot Drive

ASUS RTX 3070          SSUPD Meshlicious                  Corsair MP500  500GB

Headset                           FBT                                                Extras
Quest 2                       Haritora-X/Slime VR                VIVE DAS + LucidVR Gloves + BHaptics vest

I'm having the same issue! Been happening for maybe a week now... super annoying. 

I unplugged the keyboard and plugged it back in, it seemed to fix the issue. 

Having the same issue with a K65 Rapidfire! Tried everything from disabling the key to remapping it. Also tried the above of unplugging the keyboard and even force firmware update in iCUE.

no fix yet

Which version of the Strafe RGB are all of you using?  We have the original with push button volume keys and the MK.2 with a volume scroll wheel.  Also, which version of iCUE do you have installed?

I recommend updating the software to the latest version if you haven't already.  The option is in the settings tab, and at the bottom.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

Hi, I'm currently using a K65 RGB Rapidfire - forced firmware update to the latest and im running the newest version of icue. I am going to perform a clean install of iCUE tonight and see if this helps.

This issue only started for me on 30th November

Keep me posted if the clean install resolves the issue.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

2 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

Keep me posted if the clean install resolves the issue.

The clean install worked just fine!

@wedgevic these are the instructions i followed

1.    Open your computer's Control Panel.

2.    Open the Programs and Features options.

3.    Select Corsair Utility Engine in the list, and then select Uninstall.

4.    Press Window Key + R to open the Run command.

5.    Type %appdata% and press Enter.

6.    Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.

7.    Return to the Run window and type %localappdata%.

8.    Delete any Corsair folders in the window that pops up.

9.    Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\.

10. Delete any Corsair folders in that folder.

11. Type Regedit in the Run window and then click OK.

12. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine and delete the folder. (i deleted the main corsair folder here with a different subfolder name)

13. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine and delete the folder. (same as above)

14. Restart your computer.

finally install a new iCUE.

this worked for me!

thanks to David from corsair support :)

• 3 weeks later...

Got a fix for this issue!

I created an account just to post this for you all, since I've been following this thread (as well as a few others) since I first experienced the issue with iCUE causing issues with my Esc key. 

I was finally able to resolve this by simply creating a custom rebind using iCUE to force the Esc key to rebind itself as the Esc Key. Sounds kind of silly and obvious... but it worked. Whatever bug iCUE has can be bypassed by using iCUE to rebind the Esc key to itself. Hope this helps you guys!

@snowboardh Thank you so much! I was getting crazy about this ridiulous problem. But i managed to solve it with your instructions. Thank you very much and happy new Year everyone!!