No need for 1200w psu, no need for 900D of you'd just be putting an h100i into it. No need for 32GB of ram unless your doing professional video editing. (I edit huge video files for gaming videos and never have gone over 10,plus you can add more later)

Honestly if you're not doing professional video editing I would just get a 4770k, smaller psu around 750w, half the ram, ditch the h100i and do a custom loop instead in the 900d.

That would save a little money and you could get another monitor or another ssd for raid 0. Again if you're not doing serious, hard-core professional 4k video editing then that's overkill and you'd be better off toning it down a bit. My 3770k Gtx 780 and 16gb of ram edit videos very fast, run games like butter and should last me 3-4 years when all is said and done. Like the other guy said, why buy one 4k build when you could get a 2k build now and another down the road and have comparable performance?

as I said I will be using ram for hosting servers, 900d is for maybe water cooling systems I plan in the future, 1200watt is needed for overclocking, the gpu itself needs 600 watt min, really it is factory superclocked.

I have already two screen right now, I will replace the main one. I like to get an Overkill computer, I would be upgrading time by time. since 4k is not my budget, I can spend upto 4k usd but less is better.

Click the like button if I helped you, it only takes 0.5 seconds and does not cost anything!

as I said I will be using ram for hosting servers, 900d is for maybe water cooling systems I plan in the future, 1200watt is needed for overclocking, the gpu itself needs 600 watt min, really it is factory superclocked.

I have already two screen right now, I will replace the main one. I like to get an Overkill computer, I would be upgrading time by time. since 4k is not my budget, I can spend upto 4k usd but less is better.

Check Anandtechs review of the 780ti. Full system load when overclocked (i7-4960x 32gb ram) was 425w. 750w would be plenty unless you plan to SLI in which case 850w would be a safer choice. 1200w is just a waste... It won't do anything 750w or 850w would do for you. You can spend your money however you'd like but look up how much power components actually draw and you'll be surprised.

If you think you need the performance of that cpu and will utilize 32gb of ram for your server then those would definitely be worth it for you. Good luck

Check Anandtechs review of the 780ti. Full system load when overclocked (i7-4960x 32gb ram) was 425w. 750w would be plenty unless you plan to SLI in which case 850w would be a safer choice. 1200w is just a waste... It won't do anything 750w or 850w would do for you. You can spend your money however you'd like but look up how much power components actually draw and you'll be surprised.

If you think you need the performance of that cpu and will utilize 32gb of ram for your server then those would definitely be worth it for you. Good luck

as I read on the box it says "The graphics card requires *600 watt or greater power supply with a minimum of 43 amps on the +12 colt rail.**** ..... ****Minimum system power requirement based on PC configured with an Intel core i7 3.2GHz processor."

Click the like button if I helped you, it only takes 0.5 seconds and does not cost anything!

as I read on the box it says "The graphics card requires *600 watt or greater power supply with a minimum of 43 amps on the +12 colt rail.**** ..... ****Minimum system power requirement based on PC configured with an Intel core i7 3.2GHz processor."

Ignore graphics card psu recommendations. What they suggest is much more than is needed in case people use crappy psus because they would then have to deal with complaints with customer service which is costly to provide. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Ignore graphics card psu recommendations. What they suggest is much more than is needed in case people use crappy psus because they would then have to deal with complaints with customer service which is costly to provide. 

Yes, I might put another 780Ti for SLI and more fans.

Yes I added a Benq monitor with 144hz refresh rate and some amazing features, I can overclock it to 154hz refresh rate maybe.

I will stay with Corsair, they have better support with devices.

Ok, I added an SSHD since I lowered the price much.

I think I will rebuy-rebuild my rig in 3 years, since that is a long time and sure stuff are outdated.

ok going to update....

I suggest look again on swiftech, it is a really high quality comapny for watercooling...

where is the updated rig?

I suggest look again on swiftech, it is a really high quality comapny for watercooling...

where is the updated rig?

ok, the updated rig is the post itself, I edited it.

ok, the updated rig is the post itself, I edited it.

I'm a little baffled why the 3970X? If performance is an absolute must then would not the 4960X make more sense? Especially since the 4960X is one generation newer.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

I'm a little baffled why the 3970X? If performance is an absolute must then would not the 4960X make more sense? Especially since the 4960X is one generation newer.

Just too expensive, 3970X is just enough for me.

I am going to make an ultimate computer under 4k dollars ($3999 is ok) dollars, I already made a PCPartPicker list for the new stuff, I just need suggestions, also I need to know if it is future-proof, since now the technology is growing very fast now, I don't want my computer to get outdated in like 3 years, I want to know if the RAM and Monitor is good, I want the best one while staying under $4k, any 27" 144Hz 1080/4k comfortable screen is ok, I don't want to buy a bad monitor that I will change soon, here is my PCPartPicker list:

(UPDATED LIST)

CPU Cooler:  Corsair H110 94.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($104.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard:  Asus Rampage IV Black Edition EATX LGA2011 Motherboard  ($479.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory:  Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($334.99 @ Best Buy) 
Storage:  Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Disk  ($209.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card:  EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 3GB Video Card  (Purchased For $719.99) 
Case:  Corsair 900D ATX Full Tower Case  ($279.99 @ Microcenter) 
Optical Drive:  Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD/CD Writer  ($20.98 @ OutletPC) 
Monitor:  BenQ XL2420TE 144Hz 24.0" Monitor  ($339.99 @ NCIX US) 
Mouse:  Razer Ouroboros Wireless Laser Mouse  ($126.12 @ NCIX US) ($269.99 @ Microcenter) 
Base Total: $3507.99

Also the Video card is already purchased, I have it right now, so no telling me not to get it, no way back :P

and stuff like Motherboard I know it is expensive.

NOTE: I like tips, but I don't want people saying to get a lower class CPU or motherboard, etc.

My Suggestions:

• If overkill then get rid of the HDD's and only use SSD's. Samsung EVO 1TB's for sure.

• ODD are pretty disgusting on the Corsair 900D, more so than on the 800D. Maybe get rid of it. or do the stealth ODD mod.

• Get Another GTX 780Ti. or return it and wait for the Titan Black or GTX 790.

• For the H110, make sure you get some good fans, as you don't seem to mention any in the list.

• Corsair 900D, good choice. That should future proof you for many years to come.

• Change the RAM to either 2133 or 1866 as the issue isn't going to be the RAM itself but the 3970X IMC. I can't go above 1866 without probably doing some hardcore tweaking.

Or the better option go with a 4960X and just get some 2133 or 2400 RAM. I have seen a lot of people with 4960X and at least 2133+ for RAM.

Good luck mate. :)

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Just too expensive, 3970X is just enough for me.

That comment just confuses me more, but no matter.

You may want to read the Addendum at the end of the article http://www.anandtech.com/show/7364/memory-scaling-on-haswell/10. It suggests that buying 2 memory kits may not be optimal. You may want to consider a 4x8GB kit.

That comment just confuses me more, but no matter.

You may want to read the Addendum at the end of the article http://www.anandtech.com/show/7364/memory-scaling-on-haswell/10. It suggests that buying 2 memory kits may not be optimal. You may want to consider a 4x8GB kit.

Did you look at the list I just updated? the x2 16 GB kit (4 x 4 GB)?

NVM misread.

My Suggestions:

• If overkill then get rid of the HDD's and only use SSD's. Samsung EVO 1TB's for sure.

• ODD are pretty disgusting on the Corsair 900D, more so than on the 800D. Maybe get rid of it. or do the stealth ODD mod.

• Get Another GTX 780Ti. or return it and wait for the Titan Black or GTX 790.

• For the H110, make sure you get some good fans, as you don't seem to mention any in the list.

• Corsair 900D, good choice. That should future proof you for many years to come.

• Change the RAM to either 2133 or 1866 as the issue isn't going to be the RAM itself but the 3970X IMC. I can't go above 1866 without probably doing some hardcore tweaking.

Or the better option go with a 4960X and just get some 2133 or 2400 RAM. I have seen a lot of people with 4960X and at least 2133+ for RAM.

Good luck mate. :)

hmmmmmmmm, ok I will see.

Did you look at the list I just updated? the x2 16 GB kit (4 x 4 GB)?

NVM misread.

I had a typo, meant to type 8x8GB.

I had a typo, meant to type 8x8GB.

ah ok, 32 is enough, 64 GB is too much ram, too too much...

Also do you know any good HDD brands other than Seagate, I heard Seagate hard drives fails a lot more than WD and Hitachi fails less. does anyone agree?

ah ok, 32 is enough, 64 GB is too much ram, too too much...

Can't believe I did it again! Sorry I did mean 4x8GB - that is four sticks of eight GB each.

Also do you know any good HDD brands other than Seagate, I heard Seagate hard drives fails a lot more than WD and Hitachi fails less. does anyone agree?

If it is overkill get 2x2tb WD Black drives and run them at RAID. But maybe get a 4tb WD Black and you at least get a 5 year warranty.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2Sc0l

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

What you heard is based on experience of a cloud backup service that uses consumer drives in a 24x7 high traffic commercial environment. Hardly informative of behavior in a consumer desktop environment.

Of course drive manufacturers don't give out the information but from various reports by merchants that I've seen on the web unit return rates are reasonably even. I'm not aware of any hard data for current models on drive failures and lifetimes when the units are used in their intended environments.

Western Digital, Seagate, Hitachi, Samsung, and Toshiba are the major hdd brands. You will find reports of problems with drives from all of these manufacturers. A critical examination of these reports by brand will show a fairly even distribution of issues. In other words, pick the drives you feel most comfortable with and which fit the budget. Do not be swayed by people saying buy this brand or avoid that brand.

There are however models to be avoided in particular situations and models that should be considered in certain situations. WD Green drives, for example are totally unsuitable for RAID arrays and high use environments. WD Reds and Seagate Constellations on the other hand are good candidates for those applications.

For general desktop use Caviar Black, Caviar Blue, Barracuda, and Deskstar are appropriate choices. What you want to look for is a rotational speed of 7200 rpm, 64MB of cache, 3.5" format, SATA III (6Gb/s). For lower volume desktop storage use lower rotational speed (5400 & 5900 rpm) units are a good, power saving choices.

Can't believe I did it again! Sorry I did mean 4x8GB - that is four sticks of eight GB each.

but what I believe taking more memory sticks makes it more faster, is it right?

What you heard is based on experience of a cloud backup service that uses consumer drives in a 24x7 high traffic commercial environment. Hardly informative of behavior in a consumer desktop environment.

Of course drive manufacturers don't give out the information but from various reports by merchants that I've seen on the web unit return rates are reasonably even. I'm not aware of any hard data for current models on drive failures and lifetimes when the units are used in their intended environments.

Western Digital, Seagate, Hitachi, Samsung, and Toshiba are the major hdd brands. You will find reports of problems with drives from all of these manufacturers. A critical examination of these reports by brand will show a fairly even distribution of issues. In other words, pick the drives you feel most comfortable with and which fit the budget. Do not be swayed by people saying buy this brand or avoid that brand.

There are however models to be avoided in particular situations and models that should be considered in certain situations. WD Green drives, for example are totally unsuitable for RAID arrays and high use environments. WD Reds and Seagate Constellations on the other hand are good candidates for those applications.

For general desktop use Caviar Black, Caviar Blue, Barracuda, and Deskstar are appropriate choices. What you want to look for is a rotational speed of 7200 rpm, 64MB of cache, 3.5" format, SATA III (6Gb/s). For lower volume desktop storage use lower rotational speed (5400 & 5900 rpm) units are a good, power saving choices.

Cloud backup storage is hackable/spyable, you don't know if NSA is watching.

I will see WD or Seagate.

Really high RPM can cause problems, 7200 rpm is good. 

If it is overkill get 2x2tb WD Black drives and run them at RAID. But maybe get a 4tb WD Black and you at least get a 5 year warranty.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2Sc0l

WD black does not support RAID as what I read in their website.

go with WD for your main drives or Seagate i use both just fine.  Hitachi not to for sure on that one. so 1.WD 2.SG those are my recommendations

Stuff n Things