Need A Recommendation For A Mp3 Player

MxMieL

Hey Guys... I Would like a recommendation for a Mp3 player or just buy a basic phone with mp3 capabilities. I know Sandisk Sansa, but are there any worth looking for? And guys my budget is only 50 dollars max. :(

Thanks in advance guys! :)

Hey Guys... I Would like a recommendation for a Mp3 player or just buy a basic phone with mp3 capabilities. I know Sandisk Sansa, but are there any worth looking for?

Do people even use mp3 players in this century? 

Do people even use mp3 players in this century? 

Yes. I don't like my phone for playing music... It drastically drains my battery. I need it to last a whole day..

i think you could get a secondhand ipod somewhere...

2nd hand costs almost a 100 dollars here... And there are no expansion... :(and the Sandisk Sansa is very hard to find.. :(

Yes. I don't like my phone for playing music... It drastically drains my battery. I need it to last a whole day..

What sort of phone do you have?

I got an S3, and the thing that drains it's battery most is gaming, video, and reading applications where the screen must be on. Audio listening applications eat just a small percentage, and yet despite my heavy usage, I can get 2 days on it with a fill charge. So you might have a really bad phone or a really bad battery phone. So consider at least buying a new battery. Carrying a phone and an mp3 player is a bit annoying.

What sort of phone do you have?

I got an S3, and the thing that drains it's battery most is gaming, video, and reading applications where the screen must be on. Audio listening applications eat just a small percentage, and yet despite my heavy usage, I can get 2 days on it with a fill charge. So you might have a really bad phone or a really bad battery phone. So consider at least buying a new battery. Carrying a phone and an mp3 player is a bit annoying.

I just lost my smartphone... Soooo, i'm back to a crappy phone...  :lol: I need to save some money for a new build.

Hey Guys... I Would like a recommendation for a Mp3 player or just buy a basic phone with mp3 capabilities. I know Sandisk Sansa, but are there any worth looking for? And guys my budget is only 50 dollars max. :(

Something like a Sanza Clip+ or Sanza Clip Zip could be what you are looking for as they have expandability :D

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Get a Sansa Clip Zip, I have one and love it. It is well known for having a good amp/dac built in, its cheap, has micro sd support, flac support, you can install Rockbox on it (which you definitely should, its awesome).

Something like a Sanza Clip+ or Sanza Clip Zip could be what you are looking for as they have expandability :D

Yeah that's my first choice.. but it's hard to find here... -_- Is the Fuze+ great?

you could also check out sony walkmans 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Yeah that's my first choice.. but it's hard to find here... -_- Is the Fuze+ great?

Haven't tried it I'm afraid :|

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

Get a Sansa Clip Zip, I have one and love it. It is well known for having a good amp/dac built in, its cheap, has micro sd support, flac support, you can install Rockbox on it (which you definitely should, its awesome).

Yeah.. I heard its too great for the price... xD But it's out of stock here... -_-

Haven't tried it I'm afraid :|

Is it terrible? Haha!

you could also check out sony walkmans 

Thanks ... Gonna look for some ... 

I assume it's not bad! :)

Does it support RockBox?

the iPod shuffle is $50 for 2GB, but if you're in a different country, then it's probably different. It's rock-solid, and it has enough storage for me, at least.

The e200 sansa's are quite good if you can find them. I still have one around from years ago when i used to use MP3 Players and it's still working well. I have rockbox on it too and i used to play pokemon gold on it :P

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

the iPod shuffle is $50 for 2GB, but if you're in a different country, then it's probably different. It's rock-solid, and it has enough storage for me, at least.

I don't kinda like it, it's too small for me... I tend to lose things easily... :) It's like 65-70 dollars here...

The e200 sansa's are quite good if you can find them. I still have one around from years ago when i used to use MP3 Players and it's still working well. I have rockbox on it too and i used to play pokemon gold on it :P

Haha! I guess that's very hard to find... :P

I boykott apple, but when it comes to mp3 players I think an iPod is the choise to make.

But I've never looked for alternatives, so I'm not up to date, cause I wont use an mp3 player at all. Always in my car or seeing someone and no time to listen to it.

While snowboarding I borrow one from some friends... you know these small usb mp3 players from best buy or smth like that... nothing special.

I have bad experience with them . :) They didn't last on me... 

assuming the firmware hasn't changed much, avoid the fuze+, look around for a fuze(non +) refurbished for around $20-40usd, the non + doesn't use touch buttons and everything is tactile.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

assuming the firmware hasn't changed much, avoid the fuze+, look around for a fuze(non +) refurbished for around $20-40usd, the non + doesn't use touch buttons and everything is tactile.

Thanks... Gonna avoid that... :) I'll go for the SanDisk Sansa... Gonna wait for stocks.. :)

Does it support RockBox?

Fuze+ supports rockbox, but it's pain to use with capacitive buttons and is prone to crash at times since it has no 100% stable release yet.

Without rockbox it has terrible laggy software that freezes every 10 seconds, if you have more than 2 songs on it, so it should be avoided at all costs.