Am I getting what I paid for?

Go to solution Solved by glenalz81,
1 hour ago, linttRa said:

but still why would I get lower score than everyone else on 3Dmark?

Because the vast majority of Time Spy scores are from overclocked systems, you're 1k down on the WR which isn't really a lot if you're running stock.

I feel like missing on some performance with my system. Could anyone please validate if this is normal or should I be getting more.

3DMark Time spy results (everyone with similar system is getting above 12 000 score and I'm getting):
Time spy score: 11 414
Graphic score: 11 761
CPU Score: 9 755
CPU test: 32.87 FPS
Graphics test 1: 74.77 FPS
Graphics test 2: 68.96 FPS

Unigine Heaven results (quality: Ultra, Tessellation: Extreme, 8xAA, Direct3D11, res: full HD)
FPS: 146.6
Score: 3693
Min FPS: 9.4
Max FPS: 296

In games like GTA V and Rainbow six siege I'm averaging at around 120 FPS and 270 FPS, but according to gpucheck I should be getting with Rainbow six siege 308 avg FPS and GTA V 136 avg FPS.

System (everything stock):
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Super ROG Strix A8G
G.skill Trident Z 16GB 3600MHz CL16 (D.O.C.P enabled)
Asus rog strix x470 Gaming-F

These kinds of things are somewhat variable by things as simple as room temperature and PC cooling.  Modern hardware varies it’s speed in real time according to what it can perform at at that particular moment.  You’re not living in lab conditions.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

10 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

These kinds of things are somewhat variable by things as simple as room temperature and PC cooling.  Modern hardware varies it’s speed in real time according to what it can perform at at that particular moment.  You’re not living in lab conditions.

Right I probably should have given my setup and rooms temps, but still why would I get lower score than everyone else on 3Dmark?

Case is Lian Li pc o-11 dynamic with three Noctua NF-F12 PWM, room temp is around 19c, cpu running with stock cooler and noctua NT-H1 thermal past.

6 minutes ago, linttRa said:

Right I probably should have given my setup and rooms temps, but still why would I get lower score than everyone else on 3Dmark?

Case is Lian Li pc o-11 dynamic with three Noctua NF-F12 PWM, room temp is around 19c, cpu running with stock cooler and noctua NT-H1 thermal past.

You should be at least in the pack then.  I don’t know.  Might be a bunch of things.  Is anything thermal throttling?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

You should be at least in the pack then.  I don’t know.  Might be a bunch of things.  Is anything thermal throttling?

Well GPU reaching 60c max in heaven benchmark and in mid 50s with 3DMark. CPU reaching low 70s in 3DMark sometimes it jumps to high 70 while playing high demanding games like GTA V. Oddly enough sometimes the CPU jumps to 60c while browsing and doing normal tasks and this is not only with this issue according to others its normal so I don't really know

Sounds like neither is thermal throttling or reaching max load either, though they may be getting close.  The spiking I’ve heard of too.  It’s apparently an AMD thing.

I assume this is 1080p gaming?

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones

Because the vast majority of Time Spy scores are from overclocked systems, you're 1k down on the WR which isn't really a lot if you're running stock.

41 minutes ago, Lathlaer said:

I assume this is 1080p gaming?

Yes with an old benq monitor, but i don't enable v-sync 

20 minutes ago, glenalz81 said:

Interesting someone said similar thing in Tom's Hardware forums.

Because most people using 3Dmark are using Overclocked systems, and are testing it out trying to get higher scores. Everyone's computer is different, you could build two identical systems down to the screws and still have varying results in benchmarks between the two. If you aren't having drops or issues then you shouldn't worry about it.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

9 minutes ago, linttRa said:

Interesting someone said similar thing in Tom's Hardware forums.

Well it's true. If i was only 1k down running stock i'd be chuffed :)

Don't run much stock though ?

11 minutes ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Because most people using 3Dmark are using Overclocked systems, and are testing it out trying to get higher scores. Everyone's computer is different, you could build two identical systems down to the screws and still have varying results in benchmarks between the two. If you aren't having drops or issues then you shouldn't worry about it.

Okay. What about these Heaven benchmark min frames. Is 9.4 normal?

Just now, glenalz81 said:

Let Heaven run the demo mode half way through then start the benchmark, usually brings min fps up. Not uncommon to see that.

Okay will do

Update: I ran fire strike 1.1 and scored 24 038. 1st score is 25 603 and the 932nd score is 22 648 so I'm pretty happy with the results. Max temp of the GPU 58c and max of the CPU was 74c at the end

Screenshot (12).png

Screenshot (15).png

Screenshot (16).png