XMP profile stopped working that has been working for months

cried22

I have a 9900k on a z390 Gigabyte board. My 3200mhz of DDR4 has run great on its XMP profile for this board and the z170 before it. However, after I unpluged the pc today, it will not boot with the xmp profile on. It wont boot with any kind of manuaul oc to the ram either. Has to be stock. Any ideas?

Have you attempted a CMOS clear and starting from ground up again?

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

I would suggest updating your bios. This should make sure you are on the most stable version. If your already up to date, try clearing the CMOS and hard unplugging for 30 seconds to reset the mobo completely and drain the onboard battery. Also if your cpu is overclocked try increasing the voltage a tad as sometimes the memory controller gets extra hungry. 

I just updated the bios to the latest version. Thanks for the other two tips! I will try them when I get back to the house in a few!

None of that worked. Any other ideas before I rma? I attached the screen that I am getting on boot up. Again, works just fine when xmp is disabled.

20191127_000648.jpg

It's so weird. Even clearing cmos, leaving everything dead stock, and then turning on xmp causes that cannot boot screen! This ram has been running stable xmp forever!