Looking to AIO Water cool a 9900ks, just have some questions.

brianbs

First off, I've wanted to stay away from water cooling because honestly, i'm afraid of it. Anyway, A friend of mine recently got a 9900ks for a good price, and since I plan on making this build last a while, I decided to go big on the CPU and GPU. Now I'm just hoping that simple water cooler like this one will suffice. All I use my PC for is gaming and it seems that lately some games aren't too demanding when it comes to processing power, which in my hopes, means this thing isn't gonna get too hot on me. Just wanted to ask the pros before I went ahead and bought this stuff. Thanks in advance for any and all help!

The reviews on that thing are... yikes.

The H150i Pro is a little cheaper.

BeQuiet! DRP4 and Noctua D15 would work just fine if you're that afraid of AIOs.

1 minute ago, Den-Fi said:

The reviews on that thing are... yikes.

The H150i Pro is a little cheaper.

DRP and D15 would work just fine if you're that scared of AIOs.

not as scared of AIO as I am a full loop. I feel like I'd mess it up and ruin my whole system lol. Thank you for that suggestion too, just kinda threw that one out there because i thought the RGB looked pretty >_>

I would advise going aircooled, lots cheaper and compared to AIO just as good.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

3 minutes ago, brianbs said:

not as scared of AIO as I am a full loop. I feel like I'd mess it up and ruin my whole system lol. Thank you for that suggestion too, just kinda threw that one out there because i thought the RGB looked pretty >_>

I actually just did my first custom loop. Took a lot to overcome some of the fears (and some of the misconceptions). Now that's it's all said and done, I still feel like concerns are valid. Especially if you treat it like it's a regular setup. So yeah, it's not wrong to feel that way.

Just now, HanZie82 said:

I would advise going aircooled, lots cheaper and compared to AIO just as good.

Do you mean just fans and the usual cpu cooler? I currently have a 4790k and even with a nice beefy cooler it still hit almost 80c sometimes. It hasn't lately which is nice but maybe I just messed up the paste or something. I remember watching a video from Linus concerning the 9900ks and even with a crazy system and all sorts of cooling it was running up there on a stress test. I feel air cooled would be inadequate 

3 minutes ago, brianbs said:

Do you mean just fans and the usual cpu cooler? I currently have a 4790k and even with a nice beefy cooler it still hit almost 80c sometimes. It hasn't lately which is nice but maybe I just messed up the paste or something. I remember watching a video from Linus concerning the 9900ks and even with a crazy system and all sorts of cooling it was running up there on a stress test. I feel air cooled would be inadequate 

Im running aircooled on my Ryzen 1700X and im able to get it at 4Ghz and only 70C max on load.
Im using a Scythe Ninja 5. But thats huge. But i think the best working part of that is putting it on with liquid metal.

Also you have to redo the thermal paste every couple years since it can dry out and then work not as good as it once did. Still better then toothpaste but worse then new.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

Noctua U12A better than any AIO and even better than the D15 and its half the size.