Will this connector work

Hailun

I got this Gtx 450 with 2 6 pin and i got an apater that fits my 4 pin sata Power cabels but the Adapter Has only2x 3 pins can i use IT in oder to power my card? 

20191123_133252.jpg

20191123_115424.jpg

20191123_133248.jpg

So only those 3 holes are filled with the 6 pin to sata connector

20191123_134236.jpg

no. the GPU power of a PSU is made specifically to power a GPU.  That my friend is a broken GPU waiting to happen.

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

Yes, you can use those adapter cables.

The 6 pin connectors on the video card are only 12v and ground , 3 wires for 12v and 3 wires for ground.

The 4 pin connectors (molex) have wires arranged like this :  5v  - ground - ground - 12v

The adapter cable simply uses only the 12v wire and the ground wires, leaving the 5v hole in the molex connectors unused.

The bad thing about that adapter cable is that they're using a RED colored wire for the 2nd ground wire, causing confusion.  The adapter should have used 2 black wires for that.

image.png.0ea34e99739273c420c243ec6131ac00.png

Now as for how safe it is, the GTX 450 consumes less than 130w in total, probably around 100w. GTX 460 consumes 130w, so GTX 450 should consume less.

Normally the card should take around 50w from slot and the rest from a 6pin connector which can do up to 75w, so a single pci-e 6pin should be enough.

I guess they designed that model to be powered exclusively from the 6pin connectors.

Either way, you're spreading less than 100w across 4 molex connectors, or 2 molex connectors and an original pci-e 6pin / 6+2pin  ... that means less than 25w per molex connector, which is rated for more than 50w on 12v.

So, in theory you'll be fine.

Just make sure the power supply can actually supply more than 200 watts on 12v ... if the video card consumes less than 100w, then along with the rest of the components in your computer, you're looking at around 200w on 12v alone.

The sticker on the psu should tell you ... multiply 12v with the A value and you should have the wattage.