Zowie FK2 Mouse disconnects randomly when flicking hard.

yaop117

Pretty much as the title says:
For some reason if i move my mouse quickly (doesn't matter if it's in or out of game, though it's most noticeable in game because i play on low sensitivities) it will sporadically disconnect for a few seconds, playing the windows default disconnection noise (the same noise it makes when you disconnect a flash drive). It will do this only when i move my mouse fast, but not every time i move my mouse fast.

I'm convinced it's a driver issue because it works fine otherwise, but i've gone through and disabled/enabled all my mouse drivers as well as "reinstalling" them and nothing seems to solve the issue. It's rather infuriating to play an FPS and suddenly not be able to aim for 2-5 seconds.

I plan on doing a clean install of my OS in the near future (I need to do this anyway) but In the meantime i'm open for suggestions if someone thinks they might know how to fix this.
P.S. I've tried plugging in my Corsair M65 and the issue persists with that mouse as well. So i'm hesitant to say it's an issue with the Zowie FK2.

Just now, Firewrath9 said:

have you tried a different USB port?

I've tried every port on the back of my computer, and even the ones on the front. No difference.

Probably not a mouse driver issue (most games use raw input anyway, so drivers shouldn't really affect anything afaik). This might be a cable issue, the Glorious Model O has a similar problem, which is fixed if you replace the cable. 

If it's software related it most likely has something to do with USB/motherboard drivers

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

On 11/23/2019 at 8:07 AM, PCGuy_5960 said:

Probably not a mouse driver issue (most games use raw input anyway, so drivers shouldn't really affect anything afaik). This might be a cable issue, the Glorious Model O has a similar problem, which is fixed if you replace the cable. 

If it's software related it most likely has something to do with USB/motherboard drivers

I'm hesitant to say it's a cable issue considering the issue persists when i plug in a different mouse. The disconnect issue wasn't always a problem, so i'm definitely going to try messing with my other drivers now that you mention it. 

23 hours ago, yaop117 said:

I'm hesitant to say it's a cable issue considering the issue persists when i plug in a different mouse. The disconnect issue wasn't always a problem, so i'm definitely going to try messing with my other drivers now that you mention it. 

I mean there is a chance that both mice have faulty cables. Maybe connect your keyboard to the same USB port and check if it also disconnects randomly?

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

8 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

I mean there is a chance that both mice have faulty cables. Maybe connect your keyboard to the same USB port and check if it also disconnects randomly?

VERY unlikely. My previous mice didn't have this problem before, now they all do. As stated before i've tried every usb port on my computer, including the one my keyboard is connected to. This issue is only with mice. 

I just tried changing my DPI and that doesn't seem to make a difference either. 
I also just reinstalled my usb drivers, reinstalled mouse drivers, and updated to the latest nvidia driver. it miiight be a little better? (possibly placebo) but it still occurs.

On 11/26/2019 at 8:38 AM, yaop117 said:

VERY unlikely. My previous mice didn't have this problem before, now they all do. As stated before i've tried every usb port on my computer, including the one my keyboard is connected to. This issue is only with mice. 

I just tried changing my DPI and that doesn't seem to make a difference either. 
I also just reinstalled my usb drivers, reinstalled mouse drivers, and updated to the latest nvidia driver. it miiight be a little better? (possibly placebo) but it still occurs.

Weird, have you tried using 500hz polling rate? (I assume you are using 1000hz)

On 11/28/2019 at 3:54 AM, PCGuy_5960 said:

Weird, have you tried using 500hz polling rate? (I assume you are using 1000hz)

yeah default is 1000 hz but i've tried all polling rates available for my mouse and it doesn't seem to make a difference.