Motherboard usb 3.2 gen 2 header confusion

Hello,

I am looking to buy a new mobo, my eyes have fallen on the:

ROG Strix X570-E Gaming

Gigabyte X570 AORUS ULTRA

This is what confusing me the Asus states on their website that it has an internal 1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 (up to 10Gbps) connector

While gigabyte states that it has an internal 1 x USB Type-C™ port, with USB 3.2 Gen 2 support.

What is the difference between the two? Are the internal headers the same?

I am asking this because I also want to buy the fractal design meshify s2 case which has an USB type c port on the front.

I dunno why Gigabyte calls it that (as technically the header could be used for USB A ports too), but essentially they are referring to the same thing.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.1533881ab2821d3ec16f5e81e82b1d42.png

image.thumb.png.95fc5048bf591efdfd0339763268ab45.png

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

USB 3.2 Gen 2 requires a USB-C connector, so Gigabyte is being a tad redundant with their discretion. They are the same thing. Both just headers on the board that you would connect to your case's I/O panel. If you don't have USB-C, then you can still use it with any USB 3 style connector, but you will lose the Gen 2 features.