Can I use my pc without a fan hub?

Ryan.com pc

Hi guys, my fan hub is broken, is it possible to use the pc without a fan hub? One of the sata connector wire broke, so I would like to know if i there is any way to repair it. I have 2 3pin case fans, is it able to fit into the 4 pin power output? Thanks a lot

you should be able to connect the fans directly to the motherboard instead of going through the hub. You'll just be limited to how ever many fan headers are on the motherboard. But yes, you can connect a 3pin fan to a 4pin header

3pin generally just means power is controlled by voltage

4pin is PWM

You'll just have to set your BIOS to control the fan via Direct Current/Voltage as opposed to PWM

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

As for repairing the sata connector, you can buy an adapter cable with the same sata connector, cut the connector and connect it to your hub.

For example, if the hub has one of those SATA power connector, you can buy a sata  to molex adapter cable, or a sata extension cable :

SATA Power Extension Cable, Benfei 3 Pack 15 Pin SATA Male to Female Extender Cable Cord Adapter for Hard Drive Disk, HDD, SSD, PCIE, 8 inches :

image.png.395fd5f917e8027c752781c88265655c.png

SATA Power Cable Adapter 3 Pack SATA 15 Pin Male to Molex LP4 Female Power Cable 8-inch

image.png.832970b4fa7b52beb288c50c20a12342.png

If you want to get fancy, get some heatshrink as well (you can probably find a meter of heatshrink for like 1$ at some hardware store near you (you want a diameter just a bit bigger than the thickness of the wire, as it will shrink with heat and hold tight to each wire.

Cut the wires in the middle, remove some of the insulation, optionally slide heatshrink on the wire,  then either solder the wires or twist the copper strands together well and then cover the exposed wires with the heatshrink or electrical tape. 

here's a cheaper 4$ model: https://www.amazon.com/Manhattan-15-Pin-Female-Splitter-308977/dp/B002LBROAA/

And yes, you could just insert the fans into fan headers on your motherboard, if the fans have the standard 3 or 4 pin connector.