Does the Carbide 300R has good air flow?

thisnamewillkillyou

Well, it comes by default with one 140mm AF style fan in the front and one 120mm SP style fan at the back. I would add another one at the front to cool the hard drive bays and maybe one at the top to extract air out of the case or pull air in to cool the Motherboard VRM 

§ ragedev.net §

It depends on what you're cooling.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It depends on what you're cooling.

Intel core i5 4670 Box, sapphire R9 290 Tri-X, WD 1TB caviar black, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb, GIGABYTE GA-Z87-UD4H.

buy more

Recommended fans?

Well, it comes by default with one 140mm AF style fan in the front and one 120mm SP style fan at the back. I would add another one at the front to cool the hard drive bays and maybe one at the top to extract air out of the case or pull air in to cool the Motherboard VRM

You're wrong and it does not even make sense. Why would you use a SP fan as exhaust?

Anyway, another 140mm in front and an additional exhaust is enough, I think. Try to keep a slight positive pressure as it is a very open case.

EDIT: Since your card runs hot and push all air in the case, putting a fan on the side intake might help. Though I heard that it can cause turbulences and increase the temps, you can try and see if it helps.

You're wrong and it does not even make sense. Why would you use a SP fan as exhaust?

Anyway, another 140mm in front and an additional exhaust is enough, I think. Try to keep a slight positive pressure as it is a very open case.

EDIT: Since your card runs hot and push all air in the case, putting a fan on the side intake might help. Though I heard that it can cause turbulences and increase the temps, you can try and see if it helps.

I just call it an SP style fan as the fan blades are thick and broad as I have the same case.

§ ragedev.net §

Intel core i5 4670 Box, sapphire R9 290 Tri-X, WD 1TB caviar black, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb, GIGABYTE GA-Z87-UD4H.

Recommended fans?

Why do you have a 4670 with a z87 motherboard?

Adding an extra fan for front intake could help cool the gpu.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Why do you have a 4670 with a z87 motherboard?

Adding an extra fan for front intake could help cool the gpu.

I have 4670K, why shouldn't I?

I have 4670K, why shouldn't I?

You typed 4670...

just forgot the "K"

even if I had 4670, why shouldn't I use a Z87 chipset?

The z87 chipset is for oc'ing. If you didn't need to oc, other chipsets like H87, H81, or B85 are cheaper and do the job.

The z87 chipset is for oc'ing. If you didn't need to oc, other chipsets like H87, H81, or B85 are cheaper and do the job.

didnt know that xD

or should I buy more fans?

Thanks

since you have an open air cooler on the GPU, you need more air-flow within the case.

the case with a blower style GPU and moderate CPU cooler does well, but yes needs

more fans. the front intake isn't too much restricted from the large hex grille, but the HDD

cages behind the front panel really destroy any flow pattern needed to move air. so the

choices for front intake fans should be something in the high static pressure to draw air

through the filter and bust past the HDD cage. plus not really enough room for a secondary

fan to attach to the back-side of the HDD cage (GPU limitations).