Rx 580 good enough for 1080p gaming?

ZxFragz
Go to solution Solved by Flying Sausages,

Rx 580 is a good card for 1080p 60 fps on any title. 

I'm looking to start a new build in the near future (next couple of weeks). Will the RX 580 OC 4gb be and adequate entry level card for 1080p gaming at 60+ fps if paired with a ryzen 2600x? 

Any advice is appreciated. 

Fragz. 

The RX 580 is a really solid 1080p card.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

What games are you planning to play?

CSGO and Rocket League? Yes easy peasy.

Overwatch and other more modern games, depends on the settings.

I get a solid 120 FPS with the odd drop to 100 for Rocket League with all the important settings maxed out. CSGO is 200+

I can hold a steady 60FPS with few dips on Skyrim no issue. Generally its a solid 60FPS 1080P card with capability to go 144Hz with the right settings.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

2 minutes ago, Caroline said:

A friend has that card and he invited me to try The Surge 2 with it and it looks like a Playstation 1 game

? I don't play The Surge 2 so i have no idea. He could be on low graphics settings idk. I have RX 590 and it runs battlefield 5 ultra dx12 fine.

Thanks for the confirmation. I'm looking to play at moderate to high settings, but sacrificing a few settings for better performance won't kill me.

I'll have it upgraded before 2020 is out anyways. 

Speaking of which, what sort of 250-300 pound care would you recommend the upgrade too. 1660ti? 1060? 2060? What do you think? 

2 minutes ago, ZxFragz said:

Thanks for the confirmation. I'm looking to play at moderate to high settings, but sacrificing a few settings for better performance won't kill me.

I'll have it upgraded before 2020 is out anyways. 

Speaking of which, what sort of 250-300 pound care would you recommend the upgrade too. 1660ti? 1060? 2060? What do you think? 

How much for RX 5700xt in your region?

1 minute ago, OlympicAssEater said:

How much for RX 5700xt in your region?

Just under 400 so a bit out of my range but I'll consider it when it comes to it 

6 minutes ago, ZxFragz said:

Just under 400 so a bit out of my range but I'll consider it when it comes to it 

Rx 5700xt performs on bar with RTX 2070 Super. You might want to wait next year to see what AMD and NVIDIA bring onto the table.

1 minute ago, OlympicAssEater said:

Rx 5700xt performs on bar with RTX 2070 Super. You might want to wait next year to see what AMD and NVIDIA bring onto the table.

Yeah I will look into the new releases when they come out but that sounds like it's worth saving up for. If that's true then that's crazy as the 2070 is a good £100 more expensive that the 5700xt. Amd truly are on top of the budget to mid-range cpu/gpu game. 

Just now, ZxFragz said:

Yeah I will look into the new releases when they come out but that sounds like it's worth saving up for. If that's true then that's crazy as the 2070 is a good £100 more expensive that the 5700xt. Amd truly are on top of the budget to mid-range cpu/gpu game. 

Yeah plus amd driver optimization for better performance.

6 minutes ago, OlympicAssEater said:

Yeah plus amd driver optimization for better performance.

AMD Is truly the way to go 

2 minutes ago, ZxFragz said:

AMD Is truly the way to go 

It is and look out for second hand RX 5700XT next year.

14 minutes ago, OlympicAssEater said:

Do you thinkm anything will be better than the 2080ti in 2020?

Just now, Oakmeal said:

Do you thinkm anything will be better than the 2080ti in 2020?

For AMD right now is none but next year will be.

1 minute ago, Caroline said:

Eww

Say the one who can't afford battlefield 5

Just now, Caroline said:

I'm not interested in playing a game that only involves shooting crippled black female german soldiers who identify themselves as stuka planes for like 3 hours of gameplay. Not even going to dedicate a second to online which is full of toxic 40yr old fat dudes, whiny kids screaming over mic and cheaters.

I'd rather die than pay and support a company like EA if you can call that F circlejerk a company.

TF2 is still good.

1 minute ago, Caroline said:

I'm not interested in playing a game that only involves shooting crippled black female german soldiers who identify themselves as stuka planes for like 3 hours of gameplay. Not even going to dedicate a second to online which is full of toxic 40yr old fat dudes, whiny kids screaming over mic and cheaters.

I'd rather die than pay and support a company like EA if you can call that F circlejerk a company.

Thats you mang but bf5 is better than cod ww2 2017.

Just now, Caroline said:

Come on, even Windows XP's Space Cadet pinball is better than a call of duty game.

You do ya thing and I do my thing okay? I like bf5 more than cod ww2 but for you is different. Everyone has different opinions and tastes.