Plagiarism checker

Nicnac
Go to solution Solved by Bombastinator,
15 hours ago, Nicnac said:

Nah my uni is shit in that regard :/ they will run my thesis through it before it gets published but if it marks something at that point i get into trouble.

Sounds like you need to know what “it” is.

I'm looking for a decent plagiarism checker to run my thesis through. I've seen grammarly offers one. Is it any good? Which free ones would you recommend? Willing to pay for a good checker as well if it's worth it.

TIA!

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

Check if your college, probably your college library, offer one. That way you'll know if their system will flag your thesis as plagiarized. 

I made frequent use of the one offered by my university. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

4 minutes ago, Volbet said:

Check if your college, probably your college library, offer one. That way you'll know if their system will flag your thesis as plagiarized. 

I made frequent use of the one offered by my university. 

Nah my uni is shit in that regard :/ they will run my thesis through it before it gets published but if it marks something at that point i get into trouble.

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

I just typed the title of this thread on google and got plenty of results...

Have you tried just looking for it? Even if the free ones have a limited number of characters, you just need to manually copy portions of your document to check them individually.

Like EduBirdie which should tell you about how much of your text is "unique".
https://edubirdie.com/plagiarism-checker
Tried it with a harry potter text and pretty much the entire thing got flagged.
Then I tried it with an essay I wrote a while ago and it was 100% unique. So... yeah, there.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

5 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

I just typed the title of this thread on google and got plenty of results...

Have you tried just looking for it? Even if the free ones have a limited number of characters, you just need to manually copy portions of your document to check them individually.

I am aware there are a bunch of them online that's why I wanted to ask which of these are actually good and which just want to lure you on their website. I would like to use something that other people have used in an academic setting and not just something i found on google.

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

1 minute ago, Nicnac said:

I am aware there are a bunch of them online that's why I wanted to ask which of these are actually good and which just want to lure you on their website. I would like to use something that other people have used in an academic setting and not just something i found on google.

Well I've linked EduBirdie in my post after editing it.
It seems to work fine at detecting unique and copied content for testing it.

If you want a "paid" solution, there's Scribbr that pretends to be better than all others like Quetext and Grammarly.

https://www.scribbr.com/plagiarism-checker/

Ideally, like Volbet said, you'd want to have the one your uni uses if possible... Maybe ask your teacher?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

I used Turnitin, but it was through my college so I don't know if anyone can just use it

I make intelligent lights do cool things

15 hours ago, Nicnac said:

Sounds like you need to know what “it” is.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.