AMD rx580 Driver crashes pc repeatedly

Hello,
My situation might sound strange and thats why i decided to put it on here :P

Okay so basically I have a rx580 that is not working properly, first it would just work a bit less sometimes and would be normal after a driver update (until a pc restart, this would mess it all up again) 
Now it just got worse.. I now start my pc and after a few minutes my gpu decides to give a total black screen and 'no signal' to my monitors. The audio continues for a little while but eventually also stops and i can only enjoy the leds on my case and my keyboard... there is no way of turning my pc off except for holding the power button. I've noticed before crashing 'chunks' of pixels corrupt (like colorful static) and kinda stutter and turn to normal again, this is always a sign my pc is about to crash.

I've tried many things to fix this like for example re-seating it, fresh install on the drivers, etc.
The only thing I've come upon that helps is a weird thing. As soon as i install a driver, It doesnt matter which version (this means i couldnt uninstall radeon 19.10.2 and install 18.6.1 for example) and my gpu would work normally after a restart.
Doing this requires me to annoyingly race to driver manager and uninstall my driver (this makes my pc run just fine without a crash) before my gpu crashes my pc. And then install any version of a driver.

Though this method only prevents my pc from crashing until i restart my pc again, after the restart its back to the usual crashes...

MY SPECS
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 (without games 36~ degrees)
AMD Radeon Rx580 Gaming 8GB Gigabyte (https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-RX580GAMING-8GD-rev-10-11-12#kf)
16GB RAM
ASRock A320M-DGS (AM4) (28 degrees)
1 SSD
2 HDD's
650 watt PSU

Some side notes:
I've noticed that after the crash, when im only seeing the leds of my devices and my case (the fans and everything also are still running) I've noticed a blinking white led above the 8 pin power connector slot. 
Now i've read about this LED meaning that blinking = 'abnormal power supply' although i highly doubt that it has much to do with it since the cabels are fairly new and my PSU can provide about 100 watt more than required, the LED also only blinks after the crash.
I've also had this setup for about a year now i think and it only occurred this week.

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me on this

9 minutes ago, InterStella said:

Did you try with another GPU or PSU ?

Did you revert to a driver before the crash happen ?

3 minutes ago, InterStella said:

No i sadly enough dont have any other cards or psu's

What's your exact PSU brand and model ? Did you check if any cable could have come loose ?

I have the Corsair VS Series VS650 (2018) and it doesnt look like there is some loose

3 minutes ago, InterStella said:

I have the Corsair VS Series VS650 (2018) and it doesnt look like there is some loose

Do you have this problem even with older drivers ? Are you using wattman ? I know wattman in turbo would sometimes crash my computer and I have a 850w PSU.

Yes i seem to have this problem with older drivers as well, and no i'm not using wattman

22 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

I summon @GoldenLag then because it seems to be a GPU problem that is out of my knowledge.

i dont have any good guesses. im pretty poor when it comes to troubleshooting. 

by guess is that it is possibly the driver, the card or the mobo causing it. 

all i can really suggest is DDU and hope that solves it. see if reducing the powerlimit helps. 

check using superposition if its Vram related. 

Is the PSU really old?  Like salvaged from an earlier build old?

This is very much potentially a non-problem, but since the PSU is not named I thought I’d mention it.
 Conventional wisdom used to be that PSUs aged faster than the rest of the machine and since they can cause catastrophic damage if they fail, replacing a PSU every few years was a good plan.  They have much longer warranties now though so I assume they’ve gotten a lot better recently.  If the PSU was old to begin with though, it could be an “old” PSU.  It would have to be something salvaged from a previous build, and maybe even a build before that as well for it to be a potential thing though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

9 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

1 hour ago, InterStella said:

It's a decent PSU but still could be faulty.

16 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

It's a decent PSU but still could be faulty.

Ah.  Missed that post.  Age is not an issue.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

• 1 year later...

I have this same issue.  I've tried disabling everything in the drivers which winds up getting me more time playing before a crash but it's still inevitable apparently.   What I wind up doing is cranking up the fan tuning so that the fan is always running at least 60%, then it can run for hours at least.  As soon as the game crashes because of the drivers apparently, the fan settings reset and I have to back in there and change them again.   

it's worth noting that I bought a new Corsair RM850 psu to try to fix this but it has had no effect.   When I turn on features in the Radeon software, games crash even faster, sometimes not even getting past the initial splash screens.  I don't think I'm ever buying another Radeon again, I figured they'd have fixed their crappy drivers by this point, but apparently not.   

fwiw, I have also completely reformatted my machine to go with the 'clean' install... I've tried the latest drivers, I've tried older drivers.   It's pretty bad when my kid can't play vanilla minecraft with this video card.   

• 4 months later...
On 11/14/2019 at 12:17 PM, InterStella said:

Hello,
My situation might sound strange and thats why i decided to put it on here :P

Okay so basically I have a rx580 that is not working properly, first it would just work a bit less sometimes and would be normal after a driver update (until a pc restart, this would mess it all up again) 
Now it just got worse.. I now start my pc and after a few minutes my gpu decides to give a total black screen and 'no signal' to my monitors. The audio continues for a little while but eventually also stops and i can only enjoy the leds on my case and my keyboard... there is no way of turning my pc off except for holding the power button. I've noticed before crashing 'chunks' of pixels corrupt (like colorful static) and kinda stutter and turn to normal again, this is always a sign my pc is about to crash.

I've tried many things to fix this like for example re-seating it, fresh install on the drivers, etc.
The only thing I've come upon that helps is a weird thing. As soon as i install a driver, It doesnt matter which version (this means i couldnt uninstall radeon 19.10.2 and install 18.6.1 for example) and my gpu would work normally after a restart.
Doing this requires me to annoyingly race to driver manager and uninstall my driver (this makes my pc run just fine without a crash) before my gpu crashes my pc. And then install any version of a driver.

Though this method only prevents my pc from crashing until i restart my pc again, after the restart its back to the usual crashes...

MY SPECS
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 (without games 36~ degrees)
AMD Radeon Rx580 Gaming 8GB Gigabyte (https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-RX580GAMING-8GD-rev-10-11-12#kf)
16GB RAM
ASRock A320M-DGS (AM4) (28 degrees)
1 SSD
2 HDD's
650 watt PSU

Some side notes:
I've noticed that after the crash, when im only seeing the leds of my devices and my case (the fans and everything also are still running) I've noticed a blinking white led above the 8 pin power connector slot. 
Now i've read about this LED meaning that blinking = 'abnormal power supply' although i highly doubt that it has much to do with it since the cabels are fairly new and my PSU can provide about 100 watt more than required, the LED also only blinks after the crash.
I've also had this setup for about a year now i think and it only occurred this week.

I would really appreciate if anyone could help me on this

Try increasing your vram in tuning at the bottom it should say vram tuning go to enable, max frequency  and start at 2100MHz and if still crashes try a little more but not too high or your screen will go black and you'll need to do a hard restart

RX 5xx seems to have a lot of driver issues, try the following:

- don't use Radeon wattmaster and MSI afterburner at same time, they seems to hate eachother

- reset Radeon software settings to default

- disable quick boot option in Windows