Updating from 3770k and GTX 760: PLEASE ADVISE

Hey everyone, I am a multimedia professional looking to upgrade/build a decently beefy home workstation for After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop and to be honest... also D2. I am looking at the 3950x on x570 as the chipset/cpu, but I'm honestly not sure what to think about gpu's and their prices right now... With recent launches, rumors of new launches and black Friday around the corner, I'm quite frankly scared to buy anything for fear of it either dropping 30% in price or something 30% better coming out right after my return window. For perspective my current rig is an i7 3770k, gtx 760 4gb, and 32gb of ddr3, so... clearly I'm not keen to update every season. What are your thoughts?

Current case is antec 1100, I have a 4k display and one 1080p, will likely get a 2nd 4k when I can.

With your workload for a GPU i would defenetly look at the nvidia RTX series of cards because the tensor cores and RT cores are now used with Adobe products and i've read they can speed up the rendering of certain effects by a very good amount.

As for CPU, amd is the way to go right now they offer more cores for less money and they are just as fast.

NOW, is it a good time to buy a graphics card? not sure...nothing has been anounced yet but the RTX cards have been out for a while

but i don't think they will drop price anywhere near 30% until something better comes out which will for sure not happen before next year...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

3950X will be multithread boss for consumer. Maybe wait for TR 3xxx?

GPU: The fastest NoVideo you can afford. whaaaats le budget?

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

Yeah you seem to be going about this right way by going with a Ryzen based system, as for GPU's maybe look into the RTX series. There is mention of a 2080Ti Super coming out Q1 2020, maybe wait for that. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

Just now, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Yeah you seem to be going about this right way by going with a Ryzen based system, as for GPU's maybe look into the RTX series. There is mention of a 2080Ti Super coming out Q1 2020, maybe wait for that. 

But will that thing be like 1,5k? lol

Just now, Metallus97 said:

But will that thing be like 1,5k? lol

Not sure but lets be honest it's better to big than go home (with a workstation anyway) :P 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

1 minute ago, LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo said:

Not sure but lets be honest it's better to big than go home (with a workstation anyway) :P 

yeeeeeh, but price/perf is also a point :P 

@i_build_nanosuits@Metallus97@LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo Thanks for the insight! As for budget, yeah, not necessarily looking/able to drop 1k on gpu right now, probably shopping in the $400-600 range tbh. Also, trying to make sense of the various options for x570 mobo's and the kinda ridiculous range of prices for those. What should I be looking for there? I know I will need many a drive installed, like a few nvme and many an hdd... up to 64bg of ram.

Just now, pixelrubbish said:

@i_build_nanosuits@Metallus97@LinusTechTipsFanFromDarlo Thanks for the insight! As for budget, yeah, not necessarily looking/able to drop 1k on gpu right now, probably shopping in the $400-600 range tbh. Also, trying to make sense of the various options for x570 mobo's and the kinda ridiculous range of prices for those. What should I be looking for there? I know I will need many a drive installed, like a few nvme and many an hdd... up to 64bg of ram.

Okkk then def. go x570 but as long as you dont need to OC much one of tier B should be fine

make the rest of the desiccion of of wich connectors etc you need

3 hours ago, Metallus97 said:

Okkk then def. go x570 but as long as you dont need to OC much one of tier B should be fine

make the rest of the desiccion of of wich connectors etc you need

Many thanks! That list is exactly what I needed.