How to Send texts on one device from a different one?

LamoidZombieDog

Hello, i plan to purchase one of those dual screen ZTE Axon M's to use it as a media device for games video and other stuff i want 2 screens for. im wondering if there is any way to set something up so i can send standard texts from it, but the texts get sent through my Note 10+ which has my verizon simcard? the Axon is not verizon compatible, and i wouldnt want it as my main phone anyways. but it would be really nice to be able to text on my note 10+ but from the Axon just incase i dont have my note 10+ with me.

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

Just now, LamoidZombieDog said:

Hello, i plan to purchase one of those dual screen ZTE Axon M's to use it as a media device for games video and other stuff i want 2 screens for. im wondering if there is any way to set something up so i can send standard texts from it, but the texts get sent through my Note 10+ which has my verizon simcard? the Axon is not verizon compatible, and i wouldnt want it as my main phone anyways. but it would be really nice to be able to text on my note 10+ but from the Axon just incase i dont have my note 10+ with me.

yes, i already have pushbullet. i just checked and believe it can do what i want, but its limited to a few texts a month or you pay monthly. i dont want to pay monthly for anything. a one time cheap fee would be fine though.

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

I think you might have to speak to your service provider about that they have to setup something up there end for message forwarding and sending if they can ?

1 minute ago, Trevor87 said:

I think you might have to speak to your service provider about that they have to setup something up there end for message forwarding and sending if they can ?

Thats not even a thing. they cant set up two phones with the same phone number. And the ZTE Axon M is GSM only, meaning it wont work with verizon even if i wanted to add another line to my Business plan. something like pushbullet with a one time fee or completely free is exactly what i need.

25 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

You could try android messages for web https://messages.google.com/web

You should be able to read and write texts but I don't know if notifications will work.

1 minute ago, tzaitam said:

You should be able to read and write texts but I don't know if notifications will work.

notifications wouldnt work with a web system like that. i would need an android app. something like pushbullet or mightytext is perfect, but those have limits unless you pay the monthly fee. if i can find a free or one time fee one it would be perfect. until i find one, im going to have to use both pushbullet and mightytext for a text limit of 125 texts a month i believe.

Could you use a VOIP service @LamoidZombieDog a small amount of research uncovered one such app on Google Play called "VoIP.ms SMS"?

I have not used it or have any experience with sending SMS over VOIP. Still, it would probably be dependent on your service provider, as my experience with Bria VOIP was allowed by the data service provider of my handset. Some cellular service providers do not offer this service because they want to keep telephony on cellular and not let you use your data instead!

Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves (Abraham Lincoln,1808-1865; 16th US president).

1 minute ago, SydneySideSteveSomewheres said:

Could you use a VOIP service @LamoidZombieDog a small amount of research uncovered one such app on Google Play called "VoIP.ms SMS"?

I have not used it or have any experience with sending SMS over VOIP. Still, it would probably be dependent on your service provider, as my experience with Bria VOIP was allowed by the data service provider of my handset. Some cellular service providers do not offer this service because they want to keep telephony on cellular and not let you use your data instead!

i will have to check all of this out once i get the phone. Thanks!

35 minutes ago, tzaitam said:

I can confirm that notifications can be received in your browser. You do have to use Google's messaging app on your phone to make it work, but all you have to do to link your phone to your PC is scan a QR code in Google's message app. I use it all the time as typing on a keyboard is faster than tapping.

1 hour ago, LunaP0n3 said:

I can confirm that notifications can be received in your browser. You do have to use Google's messaging app on your phone to make it work, but all you have to do to link your phone to your PC is scan a QR code in Google's message app. I use it all the time as typing on a keyboard is faster than tapping.

thanks for your help bro