Microsoft wants to swap your iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, or Galaxy S2 for a Lumia 1020 or Lumia 1520

Microsoft launched another trade-in again, and this time it is about smartphones.

Now through Microsoft Stores, you can get a Lumia 1020 or Lumia 1520, in exchange of iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, and Galaxy S2. The deal seems to be US and Canada only, and both Lumia phones are offered on AT&T’s network in the US. The trade-in is only valid until March 2, 2014, or “while supplies last.”

Free-Nokia-Lumia-1020.jpg

Of course there are some conditions worth noticing...

To be eligible for trade-in, product must power on and be in fully functional, working condition without broken/missing components, cracked display/housing or liquid damage, cannot be password protected, and include original chargers/accessories. To receive maximum trade in value, you must purchase an eligible Nokia Lumia 1020 or Nokia Lumia 1520 with a qualifying new or renewal mobile contract or upgrade (2 years) at the same time.

Any appraised value will be determined at trade-in and provided as store credit, subject to Microsoft’s discretion and approval. All trade-ins are final. Not valid on prior orders or purchases; cannot be transferred or otherwise redeemed for cash or gift cards. Not combinable with other offers. Discount does not include taxes, shipping or other fees. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Microsoft reserves the right to modify or discontinue offers at any time.

http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/2014/02/06/microsoft-wants-swap-iphone-4-iphone-4s-galaxy-s2-lumia-1020-lumia-1520/#!uCwbD

http://pocketnow.com/2014/02/06/free-nokia-lumia-1020

darn two issues for me, #1 I'm on T-mobile and #2 I don't have original adapters and stuff.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

If I had an iPhone I would say, "no thanks!".

Three Nokia Lumias have died on me. Keep your crap.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

If I had an iPhone I would say, "no thanks!".

Three Nokia Lumias have died on me. Keep your crap.

Liar! Nokias never die. I'm still using my Nokia flip from 2007

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Before closely reading the article I thought you can just give them your Galaxy/iPhone and they will exchange it for a Lumia when I read it at WPCentral lol. Wouldn't want to use a 2 year contract since its pretty expensive imo.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Liar! Nokias never die. I'm still using my Nokia flip from 2007

I never lie. :angry:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Two flaws:

1. Windows Phone sucks,

2. Only AT&T?? WTF? It should be on all networks, damnit.

Microsoft, you failed here, big time. Shame on you for doing such a dope thing. Go suck a truck, Microsoft. We all know iOS and Android beat Windows Phone 3 to 1.

HOLY CRAP!!!! I CAN'T GET A GOOD SHAME ON YOU MEME ON THIS DAMN FORUM!!!!! STUPID ERRORS!!!!!!!!

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1. Windows phones are actually awesome.

2. Their app selection sucks.

Get better apps!

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

WP8 is alright, the Apps are what kills it really.

The phones come in all shapes and sizes and Nokia offers something for everyone really but the App ecosystem just isn't there really.

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

if i lived in the us and if i had a galaxy s2 i'd happily echange it for a lumia phone, all my experiences with android were crappy and wp8 works quite well although the app store has to grow quite a lot

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace