32 Gb Single Stick Memory? Reliability? Memory clock?

Questions:

1) I want to know everyone's opinions about using the new spec for DDR4 Memory, where we can purchase individual sticks of 32gb? Is this reliable? Has anyone else used these yet? Any brands stand out as the leader in RAM?
2) I selected DDR4 - 3200 based on some reading about having the memory clock rate match the infinity fabric clock rate of 1600 mhz. Is this the correct choice for memory speed?

I am focusing my build around the Ryzen 9 3900x, and maybe the 3950x. I haven't decided. I do a lot of Python computational work and am seeking the high thread count.

I am also seeking high memory and would like to start at 64gb = (2 x 32gb) with the option to expand to 128gb  = (4 x 32 gb) in the future. Thus is my question regarding the reliability of this new ram spec. If it doesn't make sense to use 32gb sticks yet then I'll have to bite the bullet and get 64gb = (4 x 16gb).

image.thumb.png.26a97383f0bf1ce35893e20ada806c46.png

Hey! We're both along the same lines at the moment.

I'm looking to build something around a 3600 to support up to 128GB.

I don't have much to say about the 32GB sticks, but judging by Buildzoid's reaction to these sticks, it seems pretty nice:

(I would assume that any 32GB sticks made now would feature those memory chips or very similar).

Sig under construction.

2 hours ago, Canto666Hades said:

Questions:

1) I want to know everyone's opinions about using the new spec for DDR4 Memory, where we can purchase individual sticks of 32gb? Is this reliable? Has anyone else used these yet? Any brands stand out as the leader in RAM?
2) I selected DDR4 - 3200 based on some reading about having the memory clock rate match the infinity fabric clock rate of 1600 mhz. Is this the correct choice for memory speed?

I am focusing my build around the Ryzen 9 3900x, and maybe the 3950x. I haven't decided. I do a lot of Python computational work and am seeking the high thread count.

I am also seeking high memory and would like to start at 64gb = (2 x 32gb) with the option to expand to 128gb  = (4 x 32 gb) in the future. Thus is my question regarding the reliability of this new ram spec. If it doesn't make sense to use 32gb sticks yet then I'll have to bite the bullet and get 64gb = (4 x 16gb).

I just have the Corsair LPX 32GB x2 kit in my rig for a week. The chips are made by Hynix. I got the 3000Mhz CL16 kit, because the faster 3200MHz and 3600MHz kits aren't available here. G Skill has some 3200MHz kits, but the price is insane.

I overclock the kit to 3400MHz CL15, and passed the Memtest86 test. But eventually drops it to 3200Mhz CL14 for better stability. So far so good, seems to work well.

15 hours ago, Deli said:

I just have the Corsair LPX 32GB x2 kit in my rig for a week. The chips are made by Hynix. I got the 3000Mhz CL16 kit, because the faster 3200MHz and 3600MHz kits aren't available here. G Skill has some 3200MHz kits, but the price is insane.

I overclock the kit to 3400MHz CL15, and passed the Memtest86 test. But eventually drops it to 3200Mhz CL14 for better stability. So far so good, seems to work well.

Hynix is also producing chips that work for them? Very nice.

And that's very encouraging for my endeavors ?

Sig under construction.

54 minutes ago, Tedster said:

Hynix is also producing chips that work for them? Very nice.

And that's very encouraging for my endeavors ?

Yea. However when I open Thaiphoon Burner, it doesn't say whether the chips are EFR, AFR or CJR.