Server Build

Hi!

I've had this project for a long time to build a Minecraft server (The hardware, just to be clear ?) and I think I have saved enough money now.

I'm planning to take mostly parts from eBay (The SSD will be brand new from Amazon and the Case will be a modified Dell Precision 450)

Here's my build:

CPU:AMD Opteron 6328 @ 3.2GHz 8-Core

Motherboard: X89 Chipset Socket G34

PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt Lite 500W 80 PLUS

RAM: HyperX Fury 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333MHz

GPU: NVidia GeForce GT710 (Just for the setup, already bought)

Case: Modified Dell Precision 450 (Front panel made from scratch)

SSD:Patriot 120GB SSD

For a grand total of 268$ CAN.

I don't have a CPU Cooler yet, as many don't really fit my budget (looking preferably for a passive) and I might add 2x120mm fans from UpHere in the front panel. The system will power on with a simple button that I already have.

It will run on Windows 10 and have a Ethernet cable connection of 60Mb/s in download and 10Mb/s in upload. Do this build seem viable or I should consider another option? For note, I have a budget of around 350$ CAN and/or an old system I can use (Core 2 Quad Q9400 @ 2.66GHz 6GB DDR2 RAM, same GPU).

Thank you for your answers!

For that amount of money you are probably much better off buying a used server like a dell r710, faster and cheaper.

Why the operton? Its only a 8 core and a slow one at that.  A used fx 83xx chip would be faster and cheaper and have much better boards.