Single RGB software solution PC build help

DeathTrigger

Hi,

I'm currently looking to build myself a new computer after leaving the laptop world and coming back to PC finally!

The information seems pretty scarce concerning RGB part compatibility. I need your help building the parts list!

I'm trying to build myself a gaming / Software developing PC and minimizing the amount of software / "dongles" used to sync RGB lighting.

I'm building myself a PC around the Ryzen 7 3700x CPU. AM4.

My goal is fitting the Lian LI PC-011 Dynamic with a 360mm AIO and 3 botton RGB fan, also thinking about one day going full custom water cooling with that chassie.

From what I've been reading MSI has great compatibility with corsair using jcorsair connector, but seems to be the most expensive.

RGB parts I want : Ram, AIO, Fans, GPU.

I don't need any SSD on my build already have.

Here's a part list example I've build : https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZhsyXv but I feel it is more expensive than some Asus or Gigabyte parts. What would fit to minimize RGB softwares and sync RGB together.

Budget +- 2000$ CAD.

Thank you very much!

rgb is pretty proprietary and compatibility between brands isn't really in their interest at all. you be best of buying all same brand rgb compatible hardware if you actually need the colored lights to be synced for some reason

1 minute ago, emosun said:

rgb is pretty proprietary and compatibility between brands isn't really in their interest at all. you be best of buying all same brand rgb compatible hardware if you actually need the colored lights to be synced for some reason

Yeah I figured that out :/ That why I'm looking for help to see which RGB hardware is compatible. Even manufacturers website RGB compatibility list isn't great and not all parts sync well in their software...

You can sort by RGB type

image.png.4102b5a12497283fa7e7b8da6fe694a0.png

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

2 minutes ago, Velcade said:

You can sort by RGB type

image.png.4102b5a12497283fa7e7b8da6fe694a0.png

Haha I feel dumb! Thanks!

Would you recommend Gigabyte as well? or Asus has one of the best overall package?

10 minutes ago, DeathTrigger said:

Would you recommend Gigabyte as well? or Asus has one of the best overall package?

I have no experience with Gigabyte's RGB software. 

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Thanks for the links and help

One last question : What's the difference between 5V Addressable and 12V RGB. 

I understand that the addressable one you can display multiple led etc. and 12V RGB is one stripe of color.
For example on the ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS it says 1 Addressable 5V RGB and 2 AURA RGB 12V. the aura RGB are those Standard 12V RGB header or they can be synced aswell?