Will fake Apple stand trafic become a thing?

I'm sure its already a thing. 999 dollars for a stand is absurd, ofcourse, but who is buying these monitors? Not average joe and his gaming rig. Professionals, the kinda people who would happily spend another 999 dollars to have a solid stand.

Still think it’s a deliberate move to make space for third party manufacturers of a part that doesn’t affect their repair system.  Apple squeezes it’s third party ecosystem harder than PCs do with its cabling and ports, but they’re very aware that without a thriving third party developer system they will die.

They’re going to need more though I suspect.  Video cards are going to be one, probably.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

I mean to be fair Apple can manufacture any product it wants and charge whatever they want for it. People who buy Apple products have known for years that they are overspending and they still buy them. You should blame the consumers for buying their products in the first place because they've essentially given Apple a blank cheque to do whatever the fuck they want. How many different cables has Apple developed to plug in their devices. Got rid of the headphone jack so now it's easier to lose your earbuds and you gotta pay to replace your old ones that work fine with new Bluetooth ones. No removable back on their phone means you can't replace the battery easily. Their Macbooks have always had a problem with overheating. You had bend-gate. Reducing the ports on their macbooks to 1 or 2 USB type c ports so you gotta buy a fucking 60 dollar dongle. The list goes on.

Apple has never been an innovator of making technology the best bang for the buck, or making technology long lasting. They make these changes little by little so that you just accept them in the end. Their whole model is based on being a wasteful company by making shitty products that break after 2 years so you need to buy a new one. Like there are only so many precious metals on the planet, we are gonna run out at some point. So no Apple doesn't give a fuck about being a 'green' company unless it's counting its money. 

Personally I can't believe that everyone is complaining about the $1000 dollar stand when they should be really upset about $200 vesa mount adaptor. That thing should cost $20 as a square piece of metal that just screws into the back of a monitor. People are arguing about the $1000 monitor stand, but what they really should be upset about in the new proprietary puck design that Apple is going to use to attach that stand to their monitor. But since they aren't it just means that everyone is going to accept it with the next roll out of products in 2021. 

My wifes work is going to buy her a new mac here in the next few months. But they will only pay for the machine not any mounts or other misc items.

From the looks of it online i dont think itll be hard to make your own. But i could be wrong about that.

And i have no doubt there will be a shit load of off brands for much cheaper. 

8 hours ago, Bartok14 said:

[...] You should blame the consumers for buying their products in the first place because they've essentially given Apple a blank cheque to do whatever the fuck they want. [...]

Yeah.  Not going after apple specifically here as this is a general market-wide concept - if you don't blame the consumers who do you blame?  They're ultimately the ones making the decision to buy.  It is their responsibility to make a good choice, by their own personal definition of "good".  Whether that aligns with your or my definition is another issue, but so long as they're doing it, it's fine, but they really must do it.  The whole concept of capitalism depends on it.  If people are not discerning, competition stops and the whole thing falls apart.  Why improve if you can sell what you've got anyway?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

23 hours ago, Bartok14 said:

Personally I can't believe that everyone is complaining about the $1000 dollar stand when they should be really upset about $200 vesa mount adaptor. That thing should cost $20 as a square piece of metal that just screws into the back of a monitor. People are arguing about the $1000 monitor stand, but what they really should be upset about in the new proprietary puck design that Apple is going to use to attach that stand to their monitor. But since they aren't it just means that everyone is going to accept it with the next roll out of products in 2021. 

Apple is just incredibly dumb. They created a high performance quality screen and charged less than the competition from the likes of SONY. They could have easily bumped the price of the monitor by $2000 and included the VESA mount and $1000 stand and everyone would have praised Apple for offering a decently priced product for once. But nobody would have a reason to talk about the Apple monitor. It's such a niche product, Apple might only sell a few hundred. The average consumer just doesn't care because the price is out of reach and the performance benefits over a $1000 monitor are not beneficial in most scenarios. So is Apple incredibly smart or stupid?